Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is Good Wear the only one doing the Perry Sportswear A-2?

Aerojoe

Practically Family
I really like the Perry Sportswear A-2 that is making GW, but $1150 and 8-10 months wait is tooooo much :eeek: Is any other maker doing this contract?

Lungomare

A-List Customer
I really like the Perry Sportswear A-2 that is making GW, but $1150 and 8-10 months wait is tooooo much :eeek: Is any other maker doing this contract?

Your question is like "I want to buy a Ferrari, is there any other car manufacturer that makes a Ferrari?"

Regards,

Johannes

Aerojoe

Practically Family
Your question is like "I want to buy a Ferrari, is there any other car manufacturer that makes a Ferrari?"

No it is not. Two years ago The Real McCoy was doing the Perry Sportswear contract but not right now. BTW, my question is if there is ANY OTHER maker doing this contract right now. Not interested in any other kind of lore. Thank you!

FWIW, I've seen a couple nice Perry's sell on eBay lately for ~Good Wear prices. Keep an eye out there for used, originals. Or, used Good Wear :)

Aerojoe

Practically Family
FWIW, I've seen a couple nice Perry's sell on eBay lately for ~Good Wear prices. Keep an eye out there for used, originals. Or, used Good Wear :)

There was an original one yesterday on ebay... but the seller was asking 1800 and he didn't seem too trusty. Anyway, the jacket was too small for me.

And GW has a size 44 used listed on his web, but it is sold.
facepalmsmiley1ti3.gif
Somebody doubleVATme, please.

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
Not in this case, just a silhouette copy - nowhere near the real jacket (I've owned 5 Perrys and 2 GW Perrys over the years and the latest GW is spot on).

Last edited:
Aerojoe - Ian knows his Perry's! And A-1s. Pay heed to the man. The Perry has some unique details that I'd wager an outfit less capable and caring than Good Wear would miss or not care about. Now I must stop talking up Good Wear - last time I did that for another maker I got accused of shillery...

Aerojoe

Practically Family
I believe Ian :) I'm pretty sure that GW Perry is great but I'm not so sure that I want a $1150 jacket.

If I ruin the jacket it's going to hurt :eusa_doh: Girlfriend is granted that she doesn't want a $1150 boyfriend jacket.
rofl.gif

And in 8-10 ten months waiting time, the whole Europe can blow up.

I'll probably end up purchasing one :D but first, I'm going to keep an eye on the GW sales department, at least for a couple of months

Aerojoe

Practically Family
What size do you wear? I'll keep an eye open. We see lots of them (lots being 3-4) at local flea markets. Some a darn nice too.

Hey, thanks :) At least a 44 here in Europe but my made in USA Cockpit is a 42 and it fits me perfect. I had to cut the sleeves but not a big deal.

BTW, I just calculated TheFew price in dollars; $2286 :eeek: I guess in Japan they have double VAT too :D

Aerojoe

Practically Family
That's about the size most are. What's your budget?
Many have been in the 1k range. Give or take a few Ben's.

Yep, more or less. I had my money back from my last bronco-fiasco and it is for buying an A-2.

The GW sizing probably is a 46 more than a 44. There is a dimensions chart at the end of this page;

http://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/sale_perry_001.html

It is a bit short for me and shoulders too tight. The jacket is a beauty.

And GW has a size 44 used listed on his web, but it is sold.
facepalmsmiley1ti3.gif
Somebody doubleVATme, please.

I suspect that jacket sold a year or so ago...if not longer.
GW keeps all their "used" sales showing on their web site, labeling them "sold".
I purchased the I. Chapman and Sons about 5 months ago...and it was listed 8 jackets after the Perry.

Last edited:
I suspect that jacket sold a year or so ago...if not longer. GW keeps all their "used" sales showing on their web site, labeling them "sold".I purchased the I. Chapman and Sons about 5 months ago...and it was listed 8 jackets after the Perry.
Also, that price is too good for recent!

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
To be fair to John the sold jackets on his for sale page are all marked "sold". Why not contact him to see if he has any jackets for sale which are not on the website? I know he has offered jackets to people this way rather than always advertise them on his website.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessmiller97