• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Is it just me....

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Mikey P, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Mikey P

Mikey P One of the Regulars

2. Rick Blaine

Rick Blaine My Mail is Forwarded Here

..hoochy-mamma! :eek:
  3. Chainsaw

Chainsaw Suspended

That's not ugly, that's tragic. If someone was wearing one of those, someone else could walk with a cane and not offend anyone.

On a peacful spring day, it might be appropriate.
  4. zetwal

zetwal I'll Lock Up

No disagreement here. I too think it's yucky ... ;)
  5. It has WAY too much going on for one hat. Too many different weaves, too many different patterns.
  6. I think the hat is pretty cool, but the ribbon kills it for me. Those vents around the side would make it very nice and cool.
  7. Mr E Train

Mr E Train One Too Many

It's not that bad, but it's not that good, either. That looks like a good hat for mowing the lawn in.
  8. Yeps

Yeps Call Me a Cab

I suppose it could have its place somewhere, but not in my wardrobe.
  9. Hey Pal, want a tip on a horse?

The next time I dress up as a racetrack tout I'll need this hat.:eek:
  10. Dave E

Dave E One of the Regulars

Nope, not alone, that's kind of fugly.
  11. Aureliano

Aureliano I'll Lock Up

12. Bingles

Bingles A-List Customer

Why is Stetson making hats like that when they should be making a nice stingy brimmed pork pie for me? :rolleyes: lol
  13. Mr E Train

Mr E Train One Too Many

It doesn't look that bad to me, but when I look at it I don't see something that I would wear for style, but something that would keep the sun off when working out in the yard and offer some cooling ventilation. I wouldn't spend 90 bucks for something like that, though.
  14. There is a lot of function in the hat E, this we can agree on. I just don't understand all the chrome and Landau roof. Maybe they could come up with a Stetson Jr. line and then make stylish in one line and stylin' in the other. I know I sound like a Stetson basher in my posts but I own over a dozen both modern and vintage. I work in downtown Philadelphia and frequently am asked if my fedora is a Stetson no matter who the hat maker. Stetson's quality rep and roots still run deep in this city.
    Tom D.
  15. NOT...

...my cup of tea...[huh]
  16. Hereward

Hereward One of the Regulars

Mine neither.
  17. Big_e

Big_e Practically Family

Meh, I'd wear my poplin work hats around town before I'd wear that.

Like this one,

18. Mr E Train

Mr E Train One Too Many

I'd agree with you there, e.
  19. Godfrey

Godfrey One of the Regulars

Frankenstein hat. Part lawn bowls part safari. You can even see where they stiched the two hats together.

Its an offence to God and nature and shoud be destroyed. Now where's my pitchfork and "angry mob" hat.