Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this a 40's type cut?

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
My honest opinion is that it's a bad 80's haircut. It looks too short on the sides and too long in the back to be 50's and just way too short overall to be 40's

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
That's a 50's cut, but the curl is looser, the overall length of the layers is longer, especially on the sides. The biggest difference is that the first picture is a tight curl, probably a perm.

SheBear74

Practically Family
Yeah the first one has way tighter curls. The sides on that cut though are longer than it looks. It was from the movie Sabrina (95). Just always liked that short cut, at one point in the movie she is wearing the big black sunglasses with a big hat and suit. Very pretty. Ava though wowzer that woman was just stunning!

GoddessMama

One of the Regulars
Yeah I would vote 80's while I'm certainly no expert. DId anyone else gag when they brought the 80's stuff back? I wish they would just let that decade of clothing die and never bring it back.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Amy Jeanne said:
I'm with kamikat -- icky 80s hair with a trace of a mullet.
I didn't want to say the "M" word, but yeah. Can you believe I have a client who wears a mullet? It's a frosted mullet that is as close as I can go with scissors but she rocks it cause she's an older gal with tattoos and piercings. Oh, and she's my groomer so she does my dogs in exchange for her hair.

SheBear74

Practically Family
I'm almost sorry I asked lol! Well it's not a mullet that's for sure;) Funny thing is I was channel surfing and the movie happens to be on!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
pretty faythe said:
If you want to get technical, its 1995 lol still in that 80's/90's transition phase.
No, no, no, it's just bad hair! I was in beauty school in 1995 and it was all about the Rachel cut.
the-rachel.jpg

SugarKitten

One of the Regulars
I will admit to going to see that movie with my parents because I was pretty young at the time, and thinking she was pretty much the most glamorous thing ever in that movie! (seriously doesn't hurt that my dad lived in Paris for years, and strongly holds to the whole capital of style thing).

Seeing that now... I'm really really glad my parents refused to let me cut my hair like hers in the film. Fewer incriminating pictures!

That being said, Audrey Tautou has sported a few similar awesome, shorter, curly styles that are less that, and more all the good things about that:

http://beauty.about.com/od/haircolo1/ss/famous_brunettes_5.htm

SheBear74

Practically Family
Thanks for the link, that's a pretty cut! Well I know I am getting some serious teasing, but I still like her hair! :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot