Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this a weak point in the leather/stitching?

zebedee

One Too Many
I've noticed this in the shoulder of a new Plainsman - having checked other jackets, this seems to be unusual (it looks like the leather top coat has split and the hide underneath is a bit, too). I hope not; having to send it back would be a major inconvenience. What do people think? As I say, this doesn't appear in any other leather jacket I own. It was visible when I got it; I'm only pinching it to make it clearer.

I'm thinking that it isn't a major problem - I could probably look into getting it fixed here if it did burst the stitches or if the leather split.
WhatsApp Image 2023-06-11 at 15.54.31.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2023-06-11 at 15.49.34.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-06-11 at 15.56.12.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-06-11 at 15.56.12.jpeg

Last edited:

zebedee

One Too Many
I reckon it's probably ok - the aesthetics don't bother me and I don't think it's technically damage. The above thread can be deleted.

I've see this on quite a few old jackets that I have had. It's no big deal. It happens during construction since these parts with multiple, overlapping panels get hammered a lot but it'll stay that way. This particular seam is held together by three rows of stitches so you good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran