Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"It" - For the Gals.

Vanessa

One Too Many
*Ahem* So -
Presence, gravitas they feel natural in their own skin and their clothes are truly an extention of themselves... you see them walking down the street and you say that guy looks cool, not his clothes look cool. I'm talking about wearng the clothes and not the other way around.

Connery had "it",
Grant
Stewart
Macnee
Astaire... they had "it"... and they had it in spades.

What's the difference? Let's keep this thread male centric for the time being. I think women can fake it at times because hair and makeup and can so easily put on a false mystique, though if you are Grant you are grant in the suit and tie and you are Grant in the boxers and robe. "it"! My friends, "it"!

Since that's a boys club, why not start our own little "It" fest in here, ladies.

Who's your favorite "It" gal, then?

Vanessa

One Too Many
For me it will always be:

kate1.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Kate. Thats what I was thinking.
Also:
loym73.ThinMan.1934.jpg

I'm going to make that dress someday. Someone wanna have a Thin Man Christmas Party?

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
If it´s a vintage lady Priscilla Lane

priscillamisc200.jpg

it´s not about beeing mystique she is is cute and innocent - who could resist! That´s why she has IT to me ;)

If it´s a lady of nowadays I´d say Dita von Teese. I totally adore her.

09.09.05-05:44:42-dita_von_teese.jpeg

MissQueenie

Practically Family
aud280.jpg

Audrey. Her spirit was beautiful and she just let it shine through -- simplicity, freshness, and grace.

grace_kelly_white.jpg

Grace. Pure, chic elegance.

ELIZABETH_TAYLOR31.JPG

Liz. Seductive, powerful, tragic.

Of course, a lot of my other "It Girls" have been named already ;)

Vanessa

One Too Many
I was just watching Jane Eyre this morning and the moment the camera focuses on Elizabeth's face - I can just imagine the director looking at her and thinking "She is going to be a STAR."

maisie

Practically Family
I think Rita Hayworth, she was so glamorous

rita_hayworth_gallery_51.jpg

or Ingrid Bergman, she is just naturally beautiful

bergman3.jpg

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I'll second the votes for Myrna Loy, who even looked good in those ridiculous "exotique" outfits they put her in early in her career. The epitome of thirties class.

A couple of others who made a huge impression on me when I was a young gal running home from school to catch whatever was showing on the Channel 2 Great Money Movie --

Barbara Stanwyck -- it didn't matter what she wore, she wore it with Authority. (When I was nine, I wanted to *be* Barbara Stanwyck when I grew up. Fortunately, I didn't see "Baby Face" until I was past 30.)

Rosalind Russell -- nobody wore suits like she did. Classy, sophisticated, and no-nonsense all the way, and there was never any mistaking her for anybody else.

Feraud

Bartender
Hi all. I usually do not visit the Powder Room but could not help overhearing the conversation.
Besides you great gals who post here and definitely have "IT", I will add these two..
Ann Sheridan
sheridan.jpg

Hedy Lamarr
larmarr.jpg
what is the expression..hubba, hubba? :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner