Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"It's Awful quiet out there...." "Yeah... TOO Quiet!"

Worf

I'll Lock Up
This is my second Fall/Winter jacket season here at the ole Lounge. I'm assuming that this "quiet" period we're experiencing, (few new jackets modeled by Loungers) is the proverbial "calm before the storm? Hmm??? Henh??? Hmmm????

Worf

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Any day soon, man, any day soon. The buckle and label have been chosen, the pattern, sizing and sheepskin finalised. The last I saw Aero's Bertie, she was waving cheerily saying that she would get to it sharpish! :D

wdw

One Too Many
You're right, it does seem quiet. I've been watching the Gustin thing with interest, as I fell for the buying frenzy as well and now amn't quite so confident.

My next jacket's not until December, but in the meantime I've been frittering money on another waistcoat, leather bags and shoes.

Surely someone has something new to show???

Dav

One Too Many
Got something coming next month, hopefully, but until then I'll just have to put up with these old ones.
I actually placed the order in June, so it would be a Christmas present to myself, but was told four months for what I'd requested, bonus! :D

schitzo

Suspended
Dav you filthy tease don just come on here and torment us! What have you got in the pipeline?

Re presents to oneself if I didn't do the same I wouldn't get any good ones

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
You're right, it does seem quiet. I've been watching the Gustin thing with interest, as I fell for the buying frenzy as well and now amn't quite so confident.

My next jacket's not until December, but in the meantime I've been frittering money on another waistcoat, leather bags and shoes.

Surely someone has something new to show???

Having got the shipping note from Gustin, I've been nipping back to my flat during the day to check if a red slip has been left there, perhaps they'll arrive tomorrow. Still waiting for my belt from Equus, which should also be here any day now, as it's a full calendar month since I ordered. [huh]

nick123

I'll Lock Up
This is by no means a rip against the mods who do a respectable job here, but in the last few days the mobile site's format has been all over the place. Perhaps people are just having a hard time logging in/posting?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I have a couple of incoming jackets in the near future as well as a couple of Gustin jeans, hopefully by next month. I will be especially interested in reports of appearance, construction, and fit of the Gustin jeans from other FL members.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I thought I'd dip my toe into the A2 pond, I've ordered a 38-1711-P in oil-pull brown.

Just in time for George Clooney to appear in Monument Men. You hoping to pull on the A-2 and it pass yourself as a looky-likey? :D

Edward

Bartender
I find mobile apps are generally pretty rubbish, tbh. Where I have the option of either, I've yet to find any type of website where the full-on site wasn't infinitely superior and easier to navigate on my phone than the phone-specific one. [huh] As to the jackets... Slow season, I guess... it happens from time to time. I need to get on with some photos of my D pocket jackets myself... I'm starting to think about leathers again now that we are *finally* having the right sort of weather for leather in these parts. I should think we'll soon see stuff appearing... it seems like Aero are now catching up on the back orders situation the present management inherited, and more of the new designs are seeping out. I'm interested to see the new Irvins since they've given the patterns an overhaul, and even moreso in the Thunder Bay... somebody on here must have ordered one, surely? I'd also be interested to see some of these new Bill Kelsos. They seems to be working up quite a lot of new designs, their A2s are getting a lot of praise, and they're moving into the civilian side of things. Interesting times, but radio silence so far in terms of people posting jackets. That will hopefully change. Can't even remember the last time someone posted a new Eastman round here... have they completely fallen out of favour? They seem to be doing some really interesting stuff still, though much of it is well outside my pocket. I'd love a look at one of their Devon fleece Irvins. The Irvin repro thread has some life - some nice pictures of Aces High Irvins on there.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I'm guilty myself. I've got a new Redskin D1 to show, my Vanson's due back soon from the factory. My modded Veste De Rallaye and cheapo Schott are due back from Johnson Leathers in Frisco. I'll have some stuff to show soon myself, just not right now!

Worf

winterland1

Practically Family
I did notice some strange things on the mobile version. Thought it was just my phone.
I have a couple jackets I have acquired that I will be selling soon to fuel my purchases. A like new black Lost Worlds
Buco Rider Horsehide Motorcycle Jacket and A like new Vanson Highwayman motorcycle jacket with detachable fur collar.
Hopefully I'm acquiring a pair of black Red Wing Beckmans that I am hooking up a good deal on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran