Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"It's Awful quiet out there...." "Yeah... TOO Quiet!"

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I'm guilty myself. I've got a new Redskin D1 to show, my Vanson's due back soon from the factory. My modded Veste De Rallaye and cheapo Schott are due back from Johnson Leathers in Frisco. I'll have some stuff to show soon myself, just not right now!

Worf

Not right now is right. This heat/humidity is no fun at all.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Are you using Tapatalk?

Nope, just a regular iPhone. I have the FL in my bookmarks in Safari and it always goes to the mobile version, which I've always used.
The other day it locked me out because of an update to the forum, and when I returned, the format is now in bulletin. The regular site works fine though.
Sorry this is off topic to a degree and feel free to delete or move. Hope this helps.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I too have noticed how quiet it is at present on the Lounge. Due to Saab's head gasket packing up & my pending marriage this Saturday I am only able to afford nylon at the moment. Other projects (leather) are shelved until the New Year (D1). Can post pictures of current grabs: Schott CWU & G&B MA1 (modified) but you guys probably don't want to see pics of those (nylon junkies only). Autumn is kicking in now..Honeymoon in St Ives Cornwall next week..so a selection of jackets will be going with me: ELC A2, M422A, C3 Vest & Alpha vintage series B15 (nylon) in the blue.

St Ives:

st ives.jpeg

Last edited:

Stand By

One Too Many
I'm still yet to show my new (old version) ELC B-6 that's had new zips added (RiRi to Crowns) by ELC. I took photos of the jacket last week and am waiting until it gets cool enough to actually wear it to work for a few snaps of me wearing it - figured people would want to see the fit as they seem to ask for these things. A jacket lying on the ground only tells so much after all ...
But as I said, I'm just waiting until it's cooler. I'm still not wearing it yet - it was 42C (!!) again with the humidex yesterday. What can I say? Turns out that I'm not a complete martyr to the Lounge ...!

DesertDan

One Too Many
Well, it rarely gets very cold here in the desert southwest and even when it does it is for a relatively short period of time. Jackets more often than coats. So I have a heavy wool coat and a trenchcoat that see me through the worst of it. However, I have been having a hankering for a nice leather jacket, you people are a bad influence! The Aero stuff is beautiful but way out of my price range, so I am educateing myself so that I can make an good choice when the time comes.

Meanwhile, I live vicariously though you gentlemen's purchases! :D

Plumbline

One Too Many
I'll have two new ones in the next 6 weeks ( One is in the US ..... Aero Halfbelt Deluxe Brown FQHH and one is in my wardrobe ... a new AL Drifter in Black CXL Steer ) ... I'll also have a pair of Edwin ED-77's and a pair of vintage levis to show off ( two forays into strange territory .... the levis are 1967 505's )

That's about it for the moment .... :D

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I too have noticed how quiet it is at present on the Lounge. Due to Saab's head gasket packing up & my pending marriage this Saturday I am only able to afford nylon at the moment. Other projects (leather) are shelved until the New Year (D1). Can post pictures of current grabs: Schott CWU & G&B MA1 (modified) but you guys probably don't want to see pics of those (nylon junkies only). Autumn is kicking in now..Honeymoon in St Ives Cornwall next week..so a selection of jackets will be going with me: ELC A2, M422A, C3 Vest & Alpha vintage series B15 (nylon) in the blue.

St Ives:

View attachment 4231

Unh... Marriage... honeymoon.... You best get them hides before any kids show up! Congrats and I hope all goes well.

Worf

nick123

I'll Lock Up

St Ives:

View attachment 4231

Could you pick me up some of that face scrub they make there? Count me out for posting any reviews until my face clears up!

fukigen

Familiar Face
I have been quite busy lately, and not much time to come to the lounge...
I got the Indy jacket from BK already a few months ago, great jacket, just waiting to be reviewed...
I hope I can before end of year...

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Wait, wait...I've got something to show:
My new zipper - repro Lightning with art deco stopper box - in my Aces High Irvin:

How's that for a starter?

That's good for a start... BUT we need MORE! We have to see you in it, smell your excitement get amped enough to drool over it! You know love from afar!

Worf

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Somebody who actually owns a recently-bought BK? Please post, just to prove they exist!

¿Qué? There's been about 4 new BK jackets posted over at VLJ over the last month or so. This "never seen a recent BK" rubbish is getting old really quickly.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting bloody sick of all the slagging off makers for the sake of it and snarky comments that have been going on for months now in relation to companies. And that goes for BK, Aero, AL, etc.

But back on topic...

I've got two on the list to put orders in over the next half year or so: a BK House A-2 in seal; and an Aero HBD a la Butte's one. Couple of things to do first on the car - joys of classic car ownership ( ;) ) - and I'll be good to go.

Last edited:

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
But back on topic...

I've got two on the list to put orders in over the next half year or so: a BK House A-2 in seal; and an Aero HBD a la Butte's one. Couple of things to do first on the car - joys of classic car ownership ( ;) ) - and I'll be good to go.

I have a BK House A-2 in seal hh with olive drab thread. I'm not really an A-2 guy (and not concerned with authenticity), but I like my BK quite a bit. I have a feeling it won't be worn much once I get my GW Ventura, but it appears to be a quality jacket and fits very well.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I have a BK House A-2 in seal hh with olive drab thread. I'm not really an A-2 guy (and not concerned with authenticity), but I like my BK quite a bit. I have a feeling it won't be worn much once I get my GW Ventura, but it appears to be a quality jacket and fits very well.

Thanks Grayland. Did you post pics on here? Would love to see them.

I'm not an A-2 fanatic but want a pretty good level of authenticity and the BK house for me seems to fit the bill. Plus that Victory HH they can offer it in is seriously beautiful. It's next on my list.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran