Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I've been obsessed with a pair of shoes for 30 years...

Marvin Berry

New in Town
And now I want to hunt them down. I've searched every term I could think of after finding this forum and reading old posts for the past week, but I'm having no luck.

They're the black and white shoes Dennis Quaid is wearing in the Bonnie Raitt video for the song "Thing Called Love". (I remember being in high school and all my friends loved Lita Ford, but I was obsessed with Bonnie. )

They're at 1:36 in the video:

Thing Called Love

Here are a couple screen shots:

Screenshot_20231201_220109_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20231201_220047_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20231201_220012_YouTube.jpg

(BTW, this is my first post here, I love this forum!)

steve u

A-List Customer
I looked for those shoes in Memphis and Nashville right after the video came out...Came close, but no luck.
I'm guessing custom made.
Welcome to FL

Edward

Bartender
Two-tone Hush Puppies will get you very close. They tend to pop up on Etsy. But... they tend to be suede, and these look to be smooth.

The Hush Puppies Elvis Oxford from their Elvis range that came out in the wake of the film last year are smooth leather -

1701532364330.png

Not identical to those in the OP, but in a similar vein. I don't (yet - I actually just bought a pair in a half price sale on the HP UK website when searching for this image!) have a pair of these, though I did buy the loafer version and they are very nice - lovely and comfy. My dad has worn the loafer model they based this on as a casual shoe for years (his aren't two-tone, though - I've only seen the two toners in the UK in this Elvis range).

The ones in the OP shot remind me very much of these:

1701532744312.png

These are by the UK brand Ikon, and are called "The Jam shoes". They're styled after shoes worn by Paul Weller and the boys in the Jam in the early eighties. The Jam came out of the back end of the emergence of punk, part of a mod-revivalist movement in the UK. ModShoes, a family business in Brighton UK also do a version of this shoe - https://www.modshoes.co.uk/product/jam-shoes-with-pin-holes-gibsons-1977-style/ .

Marvin Berry

New in Town
Those jam shoes are really close, I'm tempted to get a pair. Any chance anyone knows how they run size wise? (I'm normally a perfect US 10.5)

And now I want to hunt them down. I've searched every term I could think of after finding this forum and reading old posts for the past week, but I'm having no luck.

They're the black and white shoes Dennis Quaid is wearing in the Bonnie Raitt video for the song "Thing Called Love". (I remember being in high school and all my friends loved Lita Ford, but I was obsessed with Bonnie. )

They're at 1:36 in the video:

Thing Called Love

Here are a couple screen shots:

View attachment 566083 View attachment 566084 View attachment 566085

(BTW, this is my first post here, I love this forum!)
Save yourself the angst of the hunt and commission a pair of custom made ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner