Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.J. Hat Center opening Porkpie Hatters in NYC's East Village

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I popped into JJ today to have my Stylemaster spruced up a little, and when I asked for my usual "technician," Kevin, I was told he works mostly at their other location now.

Other location??

Turns out they've opened a spot called Porkpie Hatters. They're aiming a bit for the youth market -- stingy brims and such, and some bright colors for spring and summer -- but the fellow told me there'd be something for everyone there. They've even been selling some deadstock there (though he didn't think they'd have anything for my giant melon).

Anyway, I figured some here would be interested (and if this has already been discussed here, bartenders, feel free to delete this).

http://www.porkpiehatters.com

P.S. Porkpie's been open for a few months, unbeknownst to me, so the headline to this thread's not accurate. They're not opening it -- it's open.

Alan G

New in Town
Thanks for the tip! Didn't know that. I will head down there and check it out. From the website, it looks as if they offer a different variety of styles than the midtown store, where if you want a fedora that's even slightly different than standard you have to jump up to Borsalino.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael