Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J&M Custom Select shoes

davestlouis

Practically Family
I was perusing the Johnston and Murphy website this evening, and found their Custom Select, made to order, made in USA line of men's shoes. They are $425 retail. I was under the impression that J&M quit making shoes in the US, which I was apparently wrong about. I also thought they abandoned the higher-end market, which I was apparently wrong about. Anybody have any first-hand experience with these shoes? I have some made in USA J&Ms that are very nice, but for $425 I'd just buy Aldens and be done with it. Mine are Aristocrafts, but I have to think they were marketed a notch down from Alden, and perhaps even Allen Edmonds. I like to support US-made shoes and clothing manufacturers, when I can.

davestlouis

Practically Family
I think that J&M must have renamed their Crown Aristocraft line as Custom Select, and added a personalized insert with the wearer's name on it...I don't see any compelling reason to buy these.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy