Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Peterman

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
What would be smart for them to do IMHO is do the catalog and Web site with the drawings, as they always have, but then on the Web site, add photos. Frankly, I'm sure the drawings are from a photograph they've pulled into Photoshop or similar to automate the process as much as they can. Sort of the best of both worlds.
:arated:

filfoster

One Too Many
Was surprised the Peterman "English blazer" was still available on clearance, in my size 42. (These run long, so no worries). It will not be my regular blazer- the subject of another post in 'general attire and accoutrements'- and it has a ticket pocket (I am sure another point of controversy, as it is on other clothing forums) but it's a nice jacket. I will probably swap the silver buttons for bone.

filfoster

One Too Many
Now have the Peterman English blazer in hand. It's a very nice, dark navy, lighter weight jacket. The fabric is Vitale Barberis Canonico, Super 110 and has peaked lapels with pick stitching. The shoulder is lightly padded, not really 'natural', which looks OK with the double vent style. Cuffs are finished with stiched button hole 'surgeon cuffs' but not opened; the buttons are just sewn where the keyhole holes are. By the pinch test, it is half interfaced and this pulls away from the layers of cloth so if its fused, it is loosely so.

carldelo

One Too Many
There's no uploading to the lounge - you upload to a public photo-sharing site (like photobucket) and link to the pictures in your post.

filfoster

One Too Many
Thanks, as the always helpful Dinerman has also explained. I am at work and cannot access those sites so I will email images if you want to contact me that way (via profile). I have two shots, a whole jacket and detail of the collar/lapels and cuff, admittedly not much better than the pen and wash drawings!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara