Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacket repair in Sweden Läderverkstan

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I know of only a couple of other Swedes here, but there might be more lurking, so I thought I'd post in case anyone is interested. I live in Stockholm and didn't know if we had any good leather tailors in the area. Turns out we do. I went to Läderverkstan (https://www.laderverkstan.se/) recently because I needed a new zipper for my Sears D-pocket, picked it up yesterday. The new zipper works like a charm and as far as I can tell, the tailor managed to hit the existing stitch holes. I can definitely recommend him if you need a new zipper installed on your jacket. He used a YKK zipper, that might not have the same panache as the original Conmar but works a thousand times better. Only complaint I have is a small one, and that is that pull is now on the European side which is a bit weird for an American jacket. So if those things are important to you, make a mention of it. I should have but didn't think of it. It's not terribly important to me either.

The guy who did my jacket is called Adolfo and I can really recommend him for repairs. He was nice and talkative as well and showed me around the shop, showed me a jacket that he recently relined, that looked great as well.

They also do fully custom orders: jackets, pants, vests. I think you have to be able to come in and get measured but I'm not sure. The price he quoted me was really good as well, around 600 euros for a fully custom jacket. I tried out a trucker that he made in red nubuck. Sadly I didn't take any pictures, but it was solid. A good trucker pattern.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy