Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JC Penny American Living Officer's Jacket

Peacoat

Bartender
Why not just get the real thing--vintage, in wool, and probably at a better price? But then, as my name implies, I am a promoter and fan of the real thing.

illumin8em

A-List Customer
Peacoat said:
Why not just get the real thing--vintage, in wool, and probably at a better price? But then, as my name implies, I am a promoter and fan of the real thing.

You show it to me, and i will buy it. I have been busting my butt for over a year to find a plaid peacoat with those pockets, and not the mackinaw shaw collar versions for $700. I found one about six months ago, but narrowly missed out on it in a fierce bid war on ebay.

Weston

A-List Customer
I purchased one of the peacoats from last season. Warm, decently made and comfortable, got it for $20 after applying multiple coupons on the purchase (15% off, $10 off, one more). Just removed the patch and good to go. Leaves a matted spot on the coat permanently however.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Picked this up today for $39.98!!! I'm not sure why it isn't that cheap online, but it was in the store. WELL worth it! The missus is removing the patches as we speak.

Alexi

One of the Regulars
he it's on sale for a really good price now too, though I still prefer filson's cut over Johnson mills

Tony No-Toes

One of the Regulars
Yes, Filson rocks

Alexi said:
he it's on sale for a really good price now too, though I still prefer filson's cut over Johnson mills

I agree, Filson's the standard in my mind but it's $200 + more than the Johnson. I like the liner Johnson uses too and the fact that it's lined and not scratchy at all. I have a couple of their vests, one with a similar liner and it's really comfortable and durable. I live in Texas so it's hard to justify anything this warm but I'm trying really hard to justify it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany