Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

John Carter Film?

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
I was a bored insomniac last night. Flipping through the instant queue Netflix list on my kids' Wii ... brilliant idea by the way, old films and tv episodes on demand ... anyway looking through the list, Netflix recommended a bunch more based on my viewing preferences. Apparently because I enjoyed Dr Who shows (Tom Baker!) and District 9, I may also like ....

Princess Of Mars, 2009, from an Edgar Rice Burroughs novel. What? :eek: Why did this happen without me knowing? LOVE LOVE LOVE the books! And then I read the cast ... Antonio Sabato Jr and Traci Lords. What the ...?

I couldn't bring myself to watch it (opted for an episode from the first season Avengers and a couple of 1950 broadcasts of Burns & Allen). I just didn't want that potential disappointment to sour my soul even more. Sigh. :eek:

Has anyone seen it? Is it as bad as I'm thinking? Having a japanese animation snob in the house, I've seen plenty of phenomenal cartoon films. Why can't they do something with that quality for some of the old sci-fi / detective novels? I'd love to watch a crafted anime version of John Carter or Black Mask or Doc Savage, etc.

Haversack

One Too Many
Pixar Studios is currently filming a live-action John Carter of Mars scheduled for release in 2012. Taylor Kitsch plays Carter, Lynn Collins plays Dejah Thoris, and William Dafoe plays Tars Tarkas. Parts of Utah and the area around Lake Powell are playing the part of Barsoom.

Haversack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy