Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JOHN LOFGREN ENGINEER BOOTS COGNAC BADALASSI- mini review

Big7

One of the Regulars
Just a mini review, more like an impression
I really like Lofgren boots. I was on the fence, when buying my first pair in black cxl. It was just so much money for just a pair of boots, but once I got it in my hand, I understood what all the fuss is about.
They are nicely shaped, very structured, with slim waist . I like round toes, slim shaft. The only thing I'm not used to is the heel height, but it makes me few inches taller ( so that's a bonus :)
Everything just looks great, stitching is so cool and accurate and the comfort is just awesome, after only few wears cxl was very soft and comfortable.
Now, for Cognac Badalassi, pictures on the website don't do it any justice, it is just so reach and warm in person, the color just pops. The leather is just bit thicker , so the fit was a bit tighter for me, but I'm sure it is going to stretch in few days.
So far, I am a happy camper with these boots. I tried a pair of Wesco, and if I was a rider, I would of kept it, but since I'm just a motorcycle poser, there was no need for such a heavy crafted boots with so much protection.
Enjoy the pics below !
lG8fxQx.jpg

EL1wiJG.jpg

zPtkJSJ.jpg

hW6R9sY.jpg

Z7mj265.jpg

Big7

One of the Regulars
I wasn’t a big engineer boots fan, until I tried these. Big throat on the boots usually bothered me to much, I felt like “ Puss in boots “ in Wesco
But Lofgren is shapely and neat.

Dm101

A-List Customer
Goodness those are beautiful.
The pics are amazingly warm and high res.
I've been afraid to try Engineer Boots, afraid of them slipping off while I'm hiking or something getting in the tops of them. I, too, do not want to feel like "Puss in boots".....but the ease of getting out of them is very tempting.
My current boots are Belleville C320s and they take a minute to get into and the same to get out of.
The wife always complains...lol.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Stunning! How's the fit overall? Any arch support...?

Engineer/Harness/Cowboy boots are great for airports. Make the security line a lot easier thans something like a White's Smoke-Jumper 12". :)

Edward

Bartender

Engineer/Harness/Cowboy boots are great for airports. Make the security line a lot easier thans something like a White's Smoke-Jumper 12". :)

I don't know, I've tried it.... better than lacing a tall boot, but nothing comes close to the ease of a penny loafer for air travel for me!

Big7

One of the Regulars

The feel is very nice, very soft. I think I got lucky with the sizing. It is a bit tight in the toebox, because I have wide feet, but by the feel of the boot and the leather, I have a feeling it will stretch and it is a good size for me.
I don't think there is a lot of arch support, but as they stretch enough you can put your favorite insoles in.
These are not that easy to get it and get out yet, as the throat is not wide, but I'm sure it will become easier as it loosens up.
So, far I wouldn't want to do a lot of walking in these, because I'm not used to heels like that, so it is a bit of stress on my joints, but it is just a matter of experience , the more you wear it, more comfortable it will become

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot