Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnny depp unfinished raw natural leather jacket from crock of gold.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
It’s a custom jacket by Belstaff for the movie the Tourist, they then released a production version.

I think that would be right.

For the movie, Depp would have gotten a few versions of the jacket, fit for the specific scenes (cut more tight fitting for „posing“, more loose for action or motion scenes; lined/unlined). I am sure, the jacket pictured is one of these. Daniel Graig is also known for wearing some Bond outfits privately (rumou has it, always the larger ones…;)).

For the release, Belstaff did a copy for the general public.

Unfinished

New in Town
I think that would be right.

For the movie, Depp would have gotten a few versions of the jacket, fit for the specific scenes (cut more tight fitting for „posing“, more loose for action or motion scenes; lined/unlined). I am sure, the jacket pictured is one of these. Daniel Graig is also known for wearing some Bond outfits privately (rumou has it, always the larger ones…;)).

For the release, Belstaff did a copy for the general public.
Makes sense. If only they kept the half-belt and didn’t line it right to the edge of the zipper. Then you could at least have the appearance of an unlined jacket. It really did just become a fashion jacket in the end I guess. For the price you pay for these custom jackets aero/himel bros/Japanese brands etc they offer very minimal actual customization really. A pocket choice/zipper or button/collar shape back design choice would be awesome

Last edited:

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Makes sense. If only they kept the half-belt and didn’t line it right to the edge of the zipper. Then you could at least have appearance of an inline jacket. It really did just become a fashion jacket in the end I guess. For the price you pay for these custom jackets aero/himel bros/Japanese brands etc they offer very minimal actual customization really. A pocket choice/zipper or button/collar shape back design choice would be awesome
If I were in the US, I would probably have this jacket replicated from deerskin by Johnson Leather.

Unfinished

New in Town
If I were in the US, I would probably have this jacket replicated from deerskin by Johnson Leather.
You seem to really know your stuff. I’m a kiwi based in Seoul which makes things a big tough. Lovin this tfl forum! Thanks for your expertise

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner