Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson Leathers WWL-41

I don’t even know where to begin with this one. Even the name is badass. Sounds like some kind of WWII machine gun. TBH, I thought I had put cross zips in the rear view mirror...until all around good guy and forum instigator @Psant25 posted a link to this jacket. I was semi relieved that the measurements seemed a bit off for me, particularly the length.
Two days later I receive a very nice message from Alan, with an incredibly generous offer and the ability to shorten the 28” back to a more wearable 26.5”. My goose was cooked. Had to have it. I have three spec sheets for two tone jackets saved for the past three years. Never could quite get it right in terms of balance so they’ve just say there parked. I really feel this one strikes a perfect balance for two tone. Subtle, just enough to be there without too much flash. I think this combo strikes a really nice balance.
7B6473A6-3C03-4181-B395-966034516BB6.jpeg
364F5FBA-6791-4F9C-A596-22127B96DCEF.jpeg
13E0A561-5FCA-4A7F-B60B-FA45E86A1004.jpeg

The construction is flawless. Absolutely immaculate stitching and wonderfully engineered. Has the same silky liner as the original CALS, front pockets are leather lined. It’s bullet proof. This is based on the venerable Cal LAPD but has a much more modern fit and frankly improved ergonomic design. The full AB is divine, under arm gussets are brilliant. Fits like a true leather exoskeleton but does not feel the least bit restrictive. I have included a pic of the m/c guy version of the classic flight jacket pose to help illustrate.
F83BE787-3A46-4B62-983F-A43EF2096432.jpeg

F11648CD-A649-4B17-B3FB-2FB5DF5766D9.jpeg
140B014B-092C-40EF-B3A4-975E4714EB13.jpeg
2E766B1A-74EC-4B15-A836-3B0EB6DB9E51.jpeg
571F60C9-BA8F-464B-AB23-B5BD055098BB.jpeg
E8BD7D17-3633-496B-85B5-57D6AA2C8920.jpeg

I couldn’t be happier with this jacket! It’s very apparent that JL, which has always been a top shelf maker, has exponentially up’d their game. This jacket just feels like pure rock and roll rocket fuel. Thank you @Alan@JohnsonLeather !!!

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That’s a beauty Ton!
Perfectly done on the contrast pieces as well, it grabs the eye without looking like it’s trying too hard. That jacket is currently at the top of my must-have list, congratulations on another Homerun!

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Looks perfect on you. Hope you keep this one, I dare say it looks so much better than your old bootleggers too. Another great endorsement of how/why JL should be up there for considerations for MTO piece. Congratulations, hope it's a keeper for your stable.

trainspotter

A-List Customer
All your jackets look beyond awesome @ton312 . Loved your brown bootlegger especially. This one surely is the most unique till date imo..fits perfect as usual

JCSD

Practically Family
I don’t even know where to begin with this one. Even the name is badass. Sounds like some kind of WWII machine gun. TBH, I thought I had put cross zips in the rear view mirror...until all around good guy and forum instigator @Psant25 posted a link to this jacket. I was semi relieved that the measurements seemed a bit off for me, particularly the length.
Two days later I receive a very nice message from Alan, with an incredibly generous offer and the ability to shorten the 28” back to a more wearable 26.5”. My goose was cooked. Had to have it. I have three spec sheets for two tone jackets saved for the past three years. Never could quite get it right in terms of balance so they’ve just say there parked. I really feel this one strikes a perfect balance for two tone. Subtle, just enough to be there without too much flash. I think this combo strikes a really nice balance.
View attachment 287338 View attachment 287339 View attachment 287340
The construction is flawless. Absolutely immaculate stitching and wonderfully engineered. Has the same silky liner as the original CALS, front pockets are leather lined. It’s bullet proof. This is based on the venerable Cal LAPD but has a much more modern fit and frankly improved ergonomic design. The full AB is divine, under arm gussets are brilliant. Fits like a true leather exoskeleton but does not feel the least bit restrictive. I have included a pic of the m/c guy version of the classic flight jacket pose to help illustrate.
View attachment 287347
View attachment 287342 View attachment 287343 View attachment 287344 View attachment 287345 View attachment 287346
I couldn’t be happier with this jacket! It’s very apparent that JL, which has always been a top shelf maker, has exponentially up’d their game. This jacket just feels like pure rock and roll rocket fuel. Thank you @Alan@JohnsonLeather !!!
Every jacket looks great on you but this one tops them all. Congrats!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Perfect! Tony excellent job (and Alan - especially to you and your staff - amazing piece of work here!!) and may this jacket grow old with you! It's a lifer indeed.... :)

I also like the Cordo/black combination with brass hardware, CHP style elements, laced sides, and leather lined front pockets. Leather itself looks thick & heavy but not a complete work out to wear. That perfectly styled "Western V" on the back just tops it all off. Not over-styled, but not plain either. Just wait till you wear this along Michigan avenue sometime.

Hope this becomes a regular model with Johnson Leathers...

Last edited:

Psant25

One Too Many
I skipped hand warmer zippers on my upcoming JL do u like this without? I like a zipper for the bike otherwise i feel like they jus beat up my hands

I skipped hand warmer zippers on my upcoming JL do u like this without? I like a zipper for the bike otherwise i feel like they jus beat up my hands
Yeah I do like the lack of zips on the handwarmers. These are leather lined pockets too so they won’t be flopping open. Thinking about it the whole jacket in front is essentially double and tripled up CXL when you factor in those pockets and the waist band. *STIFF!

Psant25

One Too Many
Yeah I do like the lack of zips on the handwarmers. These are leather lined pockets too so they won’t be flopping open. Thinking about it the whole jacket in front is essentially double and tripled up CXL when you factor in those pockets and the waist band. *STIFF!
I recall I think it was one of my brown naked cow jackets i sent back to to replace the leather lined pockets with heavy creme colored canvas material. It was just too thick and gave me a little more room in the body.

TheDonEffect

Practically Family
OMG that's a looker! Never thought two tone could work, but it does.

I think I might've seen this one when it was done while I was there. The Cordovan looks absolutely amazing in person and sent my brain racing, lol. Does yours have a magnetic closure on the inner pocket?

Ugghhhh, I'm venturing into the world of bikes now, which will eventually need a jacket, and I thought man a Cordovan jacket would be the biz since it's subtle yet relatively visible (vs black and dark brown), and then you go posting this.

And man did they nail the fit. Enjoy in good health!

Again, no point in tellin' you how much this jacket rocks so I'll too just skip the superlatives but I really, really wouldn't know where else to look for an upgrade or even alternative. Keep that one. Even though it's basically already sold.

It's funny but this jacket has Johnson/Vanson/Thedi/Four Speed vibe all at once!

OMG that's a looker! Never thought two tone could work, but it does.

I think I might've seen this one when it was done while I was there. The Cordovan looks absolutely amazing in person and sent my brain racing, lol. Does yours have a magnetic closure on the inner pocket?

Ugghhhh, I'm venturing into the world of bikes now, which will eventually need a jacket, and I thought man a Cordovan jacket would be the biz since it's subtle yet relatively visible (vs black and dark brown), and then you go posting this.

And man did they nail the fit. Enjoy in good health!
You more than likely did see this one as it’s one of their “one offs”, not a custom build. Mine doesn’t have the magnetic pocket closure but that’s a really brilliant idea!

TheDonEffect

Practically Family
You more than likely did see this one as it’s one of their “one offs”, not a custom build. Mine doesn’t have the magnetic pocket closure but that’s a really brilliant idea!

Oh that jacket! Swear that thing was destined to be yours, the fit looks like it was a bespoke tailored to you, I don't think anyone could've intentionally tailored a better fit! Even the long sleeves will be perfect for riding, ultimately the reason I kept the sleeves on mine long, spot on fit for reaching handle bars.

Yeah, they had another cordovan custom order and the customer speced magnetic closures and I was like I must have those as well, lol.

Anyway, looks like this one was well worth the price paid ;).

dannyk

One Too Many
So yeah to join the chorus of you don’t need any compliments cause you already know how perfect this is for you; I’m just going to add we have the same haircut! Haha. I’m not used to seeing the top half of your head and yeah we must go to the same barber.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran