Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joker Suit

Lancealot

Practically Family
I have a odd request. I'm trying to find a Joker suit for Halloween. You know a purple suit with a green vest. I wear 46l in a 3 piece and a 44l in a 2 piece.

Is there anyone here who has one I could borrow or rent, or one that I could pick up for a low price would work has well.

Thanks for any and all help.

Edward

Bartender
Which version of the Joker are you after?

Ledger's Joker is a little trickier than other incarnations - depending upon how nit-picky you want to be about details. On the flipside, with the popularity of the latest film, there are a lot of folks on eBay selling repros of his bits. Caveat Emptor: a lot of these will be pricey, and a lot of them will be "fancy dress" quality, rather than "suit" quality, if you follow me.

FWIW, if you're looking for a 'generic' Joker rather than any one of the specific actors' takes on him, there are so many different looks thorught the comic books, that it's not hard to find one that you can replicate fairly easily - that's what I did last April.

If anyone does find a great source for Ledger Joker bits, do let me know!

Lancealot

Practically Family
Edward: I thought I had seen some pictures you posted of your Joker suit.
Would you be kind enough to repost them?
I'm going for a generic Joker look little from the comics, a little from Ledger, and a little from Batman: TAS.

Edward

Bartender
No problem...

CandyBoxVI012.jpg

CandyBoxVI014.jpg

CandyBoxVI029.jpg

I have toyed with the idea of combining this with a different wig and make-up.... if you're going to be as anal about it as I would be, it'd be very hard to get Ledger's look exactly right, but for alls most people would notice, you would be able to get something close, and the make-up would be very easy with Ledger-Joker (and less likely to be all over your shirt... if you do go for the full whiteface, I advise using a fixer spray tominimse rub-off on clothing).

My costume came together fairly easily - the jacket is simply a plum coloured morning tailcoat that I had chanced over on eBay at GBP9 some months preiously, and instinctively purchased it as I knew if I didn't I'd want it for a costume later on and not be able to find one again..... shirt, a bright orange shirt from the highstreet, waistcoat, tie and pocket square came from someone who custom makes them for wedding attire and sells on eBay.... most of the other bits and pieces were already in my wardrobe. The wig is a Laceys, via an eBay seller in the US (search Joker wig). Inexpensive and incredibly comfortable. The one thing that I had to have made were the trousers - they were run up for me by a friend, using a zoot suit pattern I found on eBay.

Another version I'm tempted to do round Halloween is the nurse's uniform that Ledger's Joker sports at one point. :) Excuse blurry images... camera played up a touch that night.

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
I also want a Joker suit (Dark knight style) except it would have to be made for me as i'm female and want it to flatter my shape.

I also thought i'd let you know that the company who made his socks (which are great!) for the film are now selling them. you can find them here: http://tabio.com/uk/

Story

I'll Lock Up
Dude, that rocks on the Evil (TM) scale

Edward said:
No problem...
My costume came together fairly easily - .

Don't worry about matching the Ledger or Romero version, you've made that character your own. Well done. :eusa_clap

Edward

Bartender
Lancealot said:
Nice outfit. Yours looks nice too Edward :)

Mine seems to be coming together kind of a hodgopodge of styles but starting to like it. I'm also getting my girlfriend a Poison Ivy outfit.

Thanks! :) Oh.... and i agree.... if only they weren't both very taken ladies. lol Sounds good.... Poison Ivy is a great costume too. :)

Story said:
Don't worry about matching the Ledger or Romero version, you've made that character your own. Well done. :eusa_clap

Thank-you! :eek:

arthur

Suspended
And finding your halloween costume for a movie released in 2008 fits in a vintage forum how?Now I believe in relaxing the format in the observation bar but,sheesh!Talk about clutter in the archives.

Edward

Bartender
Lancealot said:
Thank you Bruce I missed that somehow.

From memory, the seller is called "Extend-Me" or something along those lines. Should be listed in my feedback, actually.... I'm Dr.Marlowe on OFAS.

Edward

Bartender
arthur said:
And finding your halloween costume for a movie released in 2008 fits in a vintage forum how?Now I believe in relaxing the format in the observation bar but,sheesh!Talk about clutter in the archives.

Is the threadstarter specifically looking for a Dark Knight Joker? The chracter first appeared in 1940 (Batman No 1 ) and many / most of the looks he has adopted in that time have involved classic, Golden Age tailoring, or at least a very flamboyant take thereon.

Rachael

A-List Customer
Personally, I was impressed by the vintage details in the Dark Knight wardrobe, including the Joker. The pick-stitched details on the lapels, for example, harken back to true tailoring techniques.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy