Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just another newbie looking for the right hat

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
In 1998 we had 29 consecutive days of over 100 degrees. The longest run was 1980 when we went 42 days straight :) In '98 we had 56 days of100+ and 69 in 1980 :) Either way it gets HOT in Texas :) As for a Panama OR, talk with BOB about getting an unblocked hat and having one of the folks in Stephenville crease it in a modified OR as you would like it :) I have a Silverbelly OR that I wear with the cattlemans crease and the front snapped down ala a Fedora. Am glad you have found a nice comunity to settle into and can raise a family. Enjoy whatever you get and wear it proudly. :)

TheValk

New in Town
My Akubra Cattlemans hat sure will keep the sun off, but it gets a bit hot under it at times- quite a wide brim.
Just a thought.

wing-nut

New in Town
monbla256, I'm not sure why I had 65 days of over 100 degrees in my head. Maybe I had a dyslexic moment that favored my glory day suffering. It does get hot here. One of our adjustments was to the dry relative humidity. It felt like holding your face in front of an oven. We still have some trouble with dry irritated mucous membranes in the summer until we discovered saline nasal spray.
We moved from Florida, where on the day we packed our truck the heat index was 114! Your description of the silver belly OR is probably the way I am going to go. Just enough cowboy to not stand out and just enough personal style to avoid looking like a goof.

I sent an email to PanamaBob and it looks like he's got a lot on his plate at the moment. Soon we will confer on the best hat to work on. I've been told I will like the properties of a good panama. This could be the start of something...

expensive.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
I noticed oh PB's site that he has white, natural and pearl. How would you describe pearl?

I noticed that as well. I've always ordered either white (most Cuenca's are bleached white) or Natural if I'm getting a Montecristi. Bob would best be able to give you a description of the Pearl color. He's sometimes slow getting back to you as he is a school teacher in his day job, but he WILL get back with you. I've bought 8 Panama's from him and have not been dissapointed at any time :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot