Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just ordered a Highwayman

Marv

A-List Customer
I picked up a heavy steerhide Highwayman from the Used Aero section on their website, it's in perfect as new condition and is already breaking in nicely all for the tidy sum of £175.......never had a Highwayman style jacket before and I am really impressed with the quality of it. :)

heavymatter

New in Town
6-week leadtime

When I order my black FQHH highwayman back in Feb '07, it really took Aero 6 whole weeks to finish work on it and send it to me. I guess by the time you get it, the weather would be quite warm. Nonetheless, I don't think a wasted a single cent on it.

Faisalha9159

New in Town
I was told, after speaking to the factory that it will take about 3-4 weeks which sounds pretty good to me. As well as this I was also told that there has been a special batch of FQHH come in which is 4.5+ oz thickness and is meant to be extra thick- so definately something worth waiting for.

I think you are right about the weather in fact it is already getting warm. But, the advantage of spending big bucks on a jacket of Aero calibre is that you can wear it for many many many years to come anyway, so I guess it would not matter too much if I can`t wear it all the time as soon as I get it.

Nautilus

New in Town
3-4 weeks huh?

Back in March, I was told 6-8 weeks by Mark Moye, Aero's US rep. I ordered a cordovan HB around March 25 and I haven't heard a word yet about it being done.

I guess they have worked through their backlog. But still, it seems odd that you may be getting your jacket at the same time I will.

I suppose I don't care at this point since, in all likelihood, I won't be wearing the jacket for another 4+ months.

I haven't even gotten the jacket yet and I am already eyeing a couple of other jackets: a black Aero barnstormer and a seal/seal Real McCoy B-6. My jacket wardrobe would be complete with those. :)

Faisalha9159

New in Town
I was definately quoted 3-4 weeks, although I am not sure how much my England location contributes to that reduction in delivery time.

Will definately post up some pictures as soon as the jacket arrives. I think after the Highwayman, I considering an A2 Real Deal russet colour from Aero......I just want to see what this Highwayman looks and feels like first in terms of the hide, as I have never owned a horsehide jacket before.....or even been close to on, as it happens.

Peacoat

Bartender
Nautilus said:
3-4 weeks huh?

Back in March, I was told 6-8 weeks by Mark Moye, Aero's US rep. I ordered a cordovan HB around March 25 and I haven't heard a word yet about it being done.

I guess they have worked through their backlog. But still, it seems odd that you may be getting your jacket at the same time I will.

I suppose I don't care at this point since, in all likelihood, I won't be wearing the jacket for another 4+ months.

I haven't even gotten the jacket yet and I am already eyeing a couple of other jackets: a black Aero barnstormer and a seal/seal Real McCoy B-6. My jacket wardrobe would be complete with those. :)

I have a feeling that leather jacket wardrobes are only complete for a short while following the last purchase. Then it's time to start looking again. Or maybe one just jumps up and bites you on the butt. Complete jacket wardrobe? Don't think so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy