Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

just ordered a Knightsbridge in the color of Cork...

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
looks sable to me; similar to my adventurer

Yes, that's what it is, CG. And they are denying that they made a mistake. They are saying that this is indeed how Cork should look (and they removed the Cork color sample from their site this morning). They say that they are dropping both Cork and Beige from their available colors, and are offering me give a full refund if I pay to ship it back to England, or a ten pound refund if I don't want to send the hat back (what's that, $18 or so?) or a 20% discount (excluding shipping costs) if I'm stupid enough to still do business with them when they feel no obligation to send me the color I ordered. So, anyone thinking of buying from them should give serious thought before doing so.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Wow, sorry that happened.... With no hatters anywhere around me and the nearest hat store is 3 hours away I feel your pain.. I have to order and hope the color and hat is what I am expecting.

Not fun when things like this happen.......

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Yes, that's what it is, CG. And they are denying that they made a mistake. They are saying that this is indeed how Cork should look (and they removed the Cork color sample from their site this morning). They say that they are dropping both Cork and Beige from their available colors, and are offering me give a full refund if I pay to ship it back to England, or a ten pound refund if I don't want to send the hat back (what's that, $18 or so?) or a 20% discount (excluding shipping costs) if I'm stupid enough to still do business with them when they feel no obligation to send me the color I ordered. So, anyone thinking of buying from them should give serious thought before doing so.

That's awful news, I'm sorry that had to happen like that. Dropping colors, huh? That's what I liked about them, their color variety. I was even considering beige recently! That's really cheap.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Wow, sorry that happened.... With no hatters anywhere around me and the nearest hat store is 3 hours away I feel your pain.. I have to order and hope the color and hat is what I am expecting.

Not fun when things like this happen.......
Yeah, it's irritating, but the silver lining is that at least it wasn't an expensive hat. Ordinary Guy, if you should ever want a good selection of factory made hats, I've had really good luck with this company:

http://hats-plus.com/

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
That's awful news, I'm sorry that had to happen like that. Dropping colors, huh? That's what I liked about them, their color variety. I was even considering beige recently! That's really cheap.
Me too, TG. I actually had another hat already picked out to buy from them, in that color. Oh well, I don't need any more hats and shouldn't be wasting money on hats I don't need anyway.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Hmm, is there an alternative place to get those colors, now? Seeing as I'm also considering the peatwood like I was talking about (and that was supposed to be my very next hat), I'm wondering if there's another online shop. When looking for the Sportsman model on the net, most shops just stock the sable color, or their grey and black.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Hmm, is there an alternative place to get those colors, now? Seeing as I'm also considering the peatwood like I was talking about (and that was supposed to be my very next hat), I'm wondering if there's another online shop. When looking for the Sportsman model on the net, most shops just stock the sable color, or their grey and black.
Depending on the hat you are looking for, that link I gave Ordinary Guy above has many different brands in more colors than I have seen anywhere else. Check 'em out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou