Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just Ordered...My First Fedora!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
All my hats touch the top of my large head regardless of crown height.:eusa_doh: Mustang you could make the crown a little lower in the back than the front and then see how you like that profile.:) It seems maybe a hair taller than the front. I love how you have the brim though.:D

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I think the hat and the bash looks great. That particular style isn't available in a 7 7/8 so looks like I'm outta luck! Enjoy your new fedora.

Mustang

One of the Regulars
indycop said:
All my hats touch the top of my large head regardless of crown height.:eusa_doh: Mustang you could make the crown a little lower in the back than the front and then see how you like that profile.:) It seems maybe a hair taller than the front. I love how you have the brim though.:D

Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I'll tinker with it tonight.

KY Gentleman said:
I think the hat and the bash looks great. That particular style isn't available in a 7 7/8 so looks like I'm outta luck! Enjoy your new fedora.

According to David Morgan's site, it's made in your size:

http://www.davidmorgan.com/product_info.php?products_id=92{51}139{5}340

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
J.T.Marcus said:
My wife loves it when I mess with her mind, like that. :D

Yeah, the open crown unbashed right out of the box - sort of a Hoss Cartwright look...and then acting like that's exactly how it's supposed to look, and how happy you are with it... yeah...fun to mess with those minds

Mustang

One of the Regulars
KY Gentleman said:
Thanks for the tip, I may be frightening my wife with an open crown Sydney very soon! I really do like that style.

lol This needs to become a tradition for all open crown purchases! With a limit of one per wife/girlfriend for obvious reasons. :p

Mustang

One of the Regulars
Mustang said:
In reference to a thread I'd started a while ago, in which I asked if fedoras could be worn with a t-shirt...NOT this fedora :eusa_doh:! So yesterday was the last day wearing a t-shirt for a long time to come ;) :D.

Well, it took exactly 1 DAY to break my word. I wore it with a brown t-shirt today. I think it looks OK with this one :eek: :D. My wife doesn't though [huh] lol . Oh well, I march to my own drummer...even though I probably shouldn't at times lol . Not too mention quoting myself shakeshead :eusa_doh:

Jfala

Familiar Face
Mustang said:
Well, it took exactly 1 DAY to break my word. I wore it with a brown t-shirt today. I think think it looks OK with this one :eek: :D. My wife doesn't though [huh] lol . Oh well, I march to my own drummer...even though I probably shouldn't at times lol . Not too mention quoting myself shakeshead :eusa_doh:

Let's see a picture of the t-shirt/fedora combo...:)

Jeff

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
Mustang said:
Well, it took exactly 1 DAY to break my word. I wore it with a brown t-shirt today. I think think it looks OK with this one :eek: :D. My wife doesn't though [huh] lol . Oh well, I march to my own drummer...even though I probably shouldn't at times lol . Not too mention quoting myself shakeshead :eusa_doh:

I wear a lot of Polo shirts and some Tees ... and I have never thought a hat didn't go well with the clothes I had on :)

Of course, I went through a phase when sandals, shorts, and bucket hat was a sweet style ... and that was only a few years ago

Maybe I am not the best one to respond ;)

Mustang

One of the Regulars
Jfala said:
Let's see a picture of the t-shirt/fedora combo...:)

Jeff

I don't know if that's such a good idea. Then again, I've done much more embarassing things in my life and have come through with my dignity somewhat intact...so far. Of course, this could be the straw that breaks the camels back! lol

I'll probably post them this weekend, along with some other, better shots to replace the ones I took earlier. I'll have batteries for my flash, plus daylight to work with. ;) (I had to resort to the on-camera flash the other day)

HamletJSD said:
I wear a lot of Polo shirts and some Tees ... and I have never thought a hat didn't go well with the clothes I had on :)

Of course, I went through a phase when sandals, shorts, and bucket hat was a sweet style ... and that was only a few years ago

Maybe I am not the best one to respond ;)

At the very least...you now know you are not alone. :D

Mustang

One of the Regulars
Here you go...please be gentle

FedoraT-Shirt-1.jpg

I had to take the photo myself. I'll have my son take some side shots to show the modified bash (per Indycop's suggestion) tomorrow.

Mustang

One of the Regulars
Glad to hear you guys think it looks OK. I was sweating bullets!

After having the hat for only a few days, it is obvious to me that I need a few more fedoras ;). I will probably no longer wear any other types of hats. I love how it fits, feels, and looks.

I am "retiring" my Tilley's, the Filson Tin Cloth Packer's, and cowboy hats.

Funny thing though: Our teenage son thinks the Tilley T3's look better than my Sydney. He hates how the back part of the brim is upswept. [huh] :eusa_doh: lol

Mustang

One of the Regulars
Here's a photo of the inside of my hat from a diifferent perspective than you're probably used to. While snowboarding in the back yard with the kids: :eusa_doh: :D
SnowboardingwithmyFedoraXXX.jpg

Indiana Jones, I'm not!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael