Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just won 1930s Double Breasted Suit

cgab1

One of the Regulars
Hello to all,

I just won this tailored, double-breasted, pinstripe suit off of e-bay. There are no tags but the seller dated it to around the 1930s. I'm not too worried about the authenticity of the period because I only paid $29.00 for it.
Can I please get some feedback from the experts?

Thanks,

Chuck

suit-1.jpg

Gaige

One of the Regulars
cgab1, I had a bid in on that... unfortunately I was getting ready for work and missed re-bidding. My loss.

If it doesn't fit, however... *nudge*

;)

There are leads.

Keystone belt loops, and watch pocket on the left side i've seen on French and Italian suits (i've seen keystone belt loops on American suits, but they're quite rare . . . on Italian suits, they seem to always be present). No flap on the watch pocket would indicate French, rather than Italian, but Italian certainly not ruled out.

46f3_1.JPG

This fly treatment i've only seen on a couple of French suits. Especially the hook arrangement at the top - it's placement and the type of hook is very similar to French suits i've seen.

36fb_1.JPG

If i actually owned any, i'd start a "Features of French and Italian Golden Era Trousers" thread, but i don't. Italian, especially, are quite unique.

bk

cgab1

One of the Regulars
Gaige,

I'll keep you in mind. I'm worried about the chest size. I'm not sure how he measured it. I wear a 42-44.

Chuck

Gaige said:
cgab1, I had a bid in on that... unfortunately I was getting ready for work and missed re-bidding. My loss.

If it doesn't fit, however... *nudge*

;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy