Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kakadu® 1903 Gunner's Coat deep sale

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
kakadu.jpg

Attn. gents: this is on a deep discount sale, so heads up!

Kakadu® 1903 Gunner's Coat

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Gents...

What size is Medium in this jacket? (I couldn't find it). As I'm hunting around for an old vintage styled canvas trench coat, and this might just fit ! The only thing I don't like is the graphics on the inside. Much prefer a plain Jane lining.

Any other heads ups in this mode? (great catch).

GateXC

One of the Regulars
Usually Mediums in overcoats tend to be about 38-40 chest sizes...

Which means I'm in luck! sweet!

Thanks for bringing this up.

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
Kakadu

The sizing chart says 38"-40" for aMedium, but I guy I know who bought a Large some time ago says it is huuuge, so I'm guessing this is a big medium.

Anyway, Paddy and BT, they don't accept overseas orders. Of course, If we could persuade at least one of our American friends to do a transhipment for us, I would go in with you...

Alan

Rick Blaine

skbellis said:
That coat is a copy of a British WWII Dispatch Rider's Coat.

Cheers,

---Scott

Indeed, here is a photo of one of the originals from a former post (props to nightandthecity for the photo!);

1-1.jpg

and sorry, I should've relayed the fact that the only available size was medium. :eusa_doh:

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
I'd be interested.

There was an original beauty in a large size that sold for 0nly €29 the other day... I missed it.

The originals are the rubberised cotton, I believe- which I could do without.

Here's the original one- it has a straight, rather than angled breast pocket.

5f56_1.jpg
60be_1.jpg

6637_1.jpg
6ac1_1.jpg

B
T

HDRnR

A-List Customer
I found this in all sizes here for 145.00 http://bestaussieouterwear.com/pro1147810.html , just had mine delivered and I'd say the size runs true. I have a kakadu drover and the sizing is the same. Pretty cool coat, the fabric is a very soft cotton canvas, the wrists are adjustable with snaps however the loosest setting is not very big which is fine for me since I dont have big wrists but i cant imagine anyone using the tighter snaps except maybe a woman. If you wear a medium they are on Amazon for 69.00 bucks which is rediculious. Overall a pretty cool coat that will see a lot of wear on my excursions into the woods.

Rick Blaine

HDRnR said:
I found this in all sizes here for 145.00 http://bestaussieouterwear.com/pro1147810.html , just had mine delivered and I'd say the size runs true. I have a kakadu drover and the sizing is the same. Pretty cool coat, the fabric is a very soft cotton canvas, the wrists are adjustable with snaps however the loosest setting is not very big which is fine for me since I dont have big wrists but i cant imagine anyone using the tighter snaps except maybe a woman. If you wear a medium they are on Amazon for 69.00 bucks which is rediculious. Overall a pretty cool coat that will see a lot of wear on my excursions into the woods.

I agree. I got mine a few weeks ago & it is quite nice, has me longing for cooler weather which is far, far away down here. I concur about the wrist snaps & the overall softness, all-in-all a nice coat. BTW bargain outfitters cut another $5 on the mediums, down to $57.24! :eek:

dr greg

One Too Many
kakawho?

I've never heard of Kakadu Traders, and I've been wearing iconic Aussie clothing since a bloody long time before it became fashionable to do so by virtue of the fact that we once had a vibrant textile and footwear industry in this country, and that was all there was in the shops, from my Jackie Howe and Stubbies and Dunlop sneakers to Amco jeans, Blundstone boots and Akubra etc etc.
I can't find a "Dot AU" web address for them at all and close reading of the fine print seems to indicate the stuff is made in China. The head office is in Portland Oregon, and maybe it's run by expat Aussies, which is fine, but if not, then it's as genuine Australian as a $3 bill.
I'm not saying it's not good clobber, but it doesn't appear authentic if that's what you're after. I sure as hell wouldn't be seen dead in a coat with a huge map of australia in the lining...A: because I'm not a Japanese tourist, and B: I know where everything is anyway.
Just be careful with this stuff..the original Australian bushman's coat is a Drizabone, and they became a fashion item for a while in the 80's but that wore off, and people who actually live in the bush, like myself, wear them today because they WORK.

HDRnR

A-List Customer
I've had a Kakadu drover for over fifteen years, been through hell and high water. Tough as nails imo.

Rick Blaine

BUMP

Anyone still interested in this jacket would do well to look at seller "Dr Sellwell's Gr8products4u" on OFAS. He's calling this "The Gunner" & claims to have these in all sizes, BIN, for a c-note, still not a bad deal at that.

Regards,

RB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80