Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ken Burns and "The War"

VintageJess

One of the Regulars
I read this article today and discovered that Ken Burns has been working for the past six years on a World War II documentary to be broadcast in September, 2007.

Has anyone heard anything further about this project? I always enjoy his documentaries immensely...

Jessica

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
VintageJess said:
I read this article today and discovered that Ken Burns has been working for the past six years on a World War II documentary to be broadcast in September, 2007.

Has anyone heard anything further about this project? I always enjoy his documentaries immensely...

Jessica
Oooooh, good news! As riveting/entertaining as his 20-hour Jazz documentary was, this should Really be something to look forward to. Thanks Jess,

Swing High,
- Cousin Hepcat

Story

I'll Lock Up
"WWII uncensored"

I wonder what he'll cover, considering how much of the realities of that war were cleaned up for public consumption.

Like the suppressed reports of 10,000 deserters (US, UK and German) existing in France in the second half of 1944 and robbing 'Red Ball Express' convoys to sell the contents on the black market. :eek:

The Mad Hatter

A-List Customer
I'm sorry, but with Ken Burns we'll get a politically correct history of WWII. Lot's of stuff about black units in the military, Japanese being detained, Rosy-the-Riverter proto-feminists, and so forth.

It's not that such stuff doesn't matter; it does. However, it's not the whole story.

It's hard for me state what I mean - except that I do not think that Ken Burns could have written Seabiscuit. And the Seabicuit spirt had alot to do with WWII.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass