Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(KNIVES) Let's see some sharp pointy objects

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
here's a Spanish Muela I picked up on acar boot in Spain last year for a song;
288w7ix.jpg

xsh8w.jpg
jr90g7.jpg

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Ah yes, Selous is a serious user, check out the chip on the blade of the Condor. Congrats user! Nice pair of utilities.

Flick

Practically Family
This is a Helle 2 3/4 laminated stainless steel blade with a handle of Big Leaf Flame Maple and Amboynia Burl. I do these for fun, and this is my best effort to date.

helle2.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

helle1.jpg
[/IMG]

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Serious, perhaps, carefull definately, luckily thats not a chip, just where the leaf has obscured the knife edge.

Ahh, the perils of 2D and compressed depth of field. Selous, your explanation is a happier one than a chipped blade on a fine tool.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Paid a visit to Nontron this morning and came away with this:

imageary.jpg

Here's a brief profile of the place:

Nontron Knives, traditional French Pocket knives are made by hand in Nontron, France.
Nontron pocket knives have been fashioned in the tiny village of Nontron in the Perigord region of France for the past 500 years. Nontron knives are
forged folding knives with hand decorated handles. Individual craftsmen using their own tools to create the Nontron knife. The Nontron factory is
the oldest continuously operating cutlery forge in France. Each pocket knife is an original work by one of only six artisan knife makers. Each knife is
hand decorated with a circle of pyrograved figures.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Paid a visit to Nontron this morning and came away with this:

imageary.jpg

Here's a brief profile of the place:

Nontron Knives, traditional French Pocket knives are made by hand in Nontron, France.
Nontron pocket knives have been fashioned in the tiny village of Nontron in the Perigord region of France for the past 500 years. Nontron knives are
forged folding knives with hand decorated handles. Individual craftsmen using their own tools to create the Nontron knife. The Nontron factory is
the oldest continuously operating cutlery forge in France. Each pocket knife is an original work by one of only six artisan knife makers. Each knife is
hand decorated with a circle of pyrograved figures.

Those are great ones I've admired for some time now. Now you've put them on my "must have list" ;)

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
A fine knife Randall. Looks like you splurged on ivory. I'm looking forward to setting up shop at the Oregon Knife Collectors Show next week in Eugene. You should stop by..........oh wait, your in freak'n France buying ivory knives factory direct. Think I'm jealous.

Simonds

Vendor
WOW! just stumbled upon this cool thread! Great collection guys!
I took up knife making a couple of years ago and have since made a few for myself and for friends. Here are a couple of pics from last year.

100_2099_zps00593f36.jpg

100_2101_zpsbd246ede.jpg

100_2462_zps11f0f00a.jpg

100_2247_zpsd1d70323.jpg

Last edited:

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Barry! I like you even more now! Caps'n knives, your a handy fella. Nice useful designs. I know those aren't flint knapped blades and haven't seen steel available like that unless it's hand forged but I'm guessing it's not. What's the story?

Last edited:

Simonds

Vendor
LOL! Stock removal blades. I used a dremel and a diamond bit to give it the flint look. However I do some slow forging too. Each knife is completely handmade including the brass pommels, rivets and scales.

forge_zps7dfe76d9.jpg

536045_2930650944933_1979499715_n_zps180251af.jpg

531439_2940647514841_1073364406_n_zps14ed3891.jpg

556081_2953069225376_1518786534_n_zps34304aa5.jpg

Last edited:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Great looking, serious knives, Barry! You are a multi-talented individual.

A fine knife Randall. Looks like you splurged on ivory. I'm looking forward to setting up shop at the Oregon Knife Collectors Show next week in Eugene. You should stop by..........oh wait, your in freak'n France buying ivory knives factory direct. Think I'm jealous.

Thanks, Mike and Chasseur! The handle is made of aged boxwood. It does have an ivory look to it now that you mention it.

Here's a look at the town as seen from the parking lot of the factory, which is a humble one-story building:
imagenssr.jpg

Have a great time at the show, Mike. Wish to heck I could come see you!

Last edited:

Simonds

Vendor
Thanks Randall, That's a great knife you have also and beautiful pic,,

Mike, If I was closer I would be there as well!

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
The 2013 Oregon Knife Collectors show turned out to be my best ever, sold 43 knives and only bought 4. A friend took these cell phone photos of my wares, the quality isn't the best and the flash washed out all the pearl handles but I thought I'd post em anyway. Only see them all together a couple times a year.

Old pocket knives:

With the exception of the Spyderco, all custom made:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters