Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Knox Premier in Size 7½ up for auction!

Johnnysan

One Too Many
This will be a nice hat for someone. I recently bought it for myself, but it is at least one size too large and a stiff wind today convinced me of how easily this hat could just fly off my head and into the sunset. So, it's auction time...

The hat is a dark grey Knox Premier in a 7½ oval. There are a number of small moth bites in the felt (I counted six), one in the top and the rest in the back of the crown. I'm fairly picky about my hats and I don't believe that any of the bites detract from the overall quality of the hat. I tried to photograph the nibbles, but given the fact that I don't have a macro lens, they didn't show up.

As you'll note by the photos below, the liner and sweatband are in "as new" condition. Given this, I'm of the opinion that the hat has not been worn. The brim treatment is (I believe) referred to as an overwelt. The felt has been folded over itself and triple stitched all around the brim. I'm guessing it to be of mid to late '40s vintage.

As for dimensions, the crown as bashed is presently 5½" high, the brim is 2½" wide and the internal circumference is about 23" around. Given the way that the hat fits me, I'd say it is on the small size of a 7½...maybe a tad closer to 7 3/8.

This will be a open post auction similar to the ones conducted by Johnnyphi. Making allowance for the moth bites, I'm asking for a modest starting bid of $30. The winner will pay actual shipping costs (U.S. bidders only, please!) and there is no box with this hat. I will do my best to package it well to ensure it arrives undamaged.

The auction will end on Tuesday, Jan. 20 at 5 p.m. Central Standard Time. The highest bid posted in this thread when I check in at closing time takes the hat.

Once I receive shipping information, I will advise the high bidder of the total due and ship within 24 hours of receiving payment. I prefer Paypal, but will also accept certified checks or money orders.

Thanks all and good luck!

Front.jpg

Profile.jpg

Liner-1.jpg

Size_Tag.jpg

KnoxLogo.jpg

Wolffs_Logo.jpg

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Thanks for getting this started, gentlemen. I forgot to ask in my initial post that bids be placed in $5 increments. That will keep it easy and head off any hard feelings caused by a one cent winning bid. Thanks again!

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Gaveled to a close!

Sold to Not-Bogart13 for $55! PM on the way shortly.

Congratulations, sir and thanks to everyone for looking and bidding. :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner