Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kurt Russell's LID in new flick

wcbrown

One of the Regulars
I had stumbled upon info about this movie and after some researching last night I found it on pay per view. It's a western, BUT believe me like NOTHING you have seen before. I was very much taken in by the "lid" Kurt Russells is wearing, I must admit I don't know enough about hats to even attempt to venture a guess. Oh, and by the way the movie is "BONE TOMAHAWK" Google it and see what you think. ;-)

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Yep a pretty brutal movie & of course " That Scene ' may be hard for some viewers to watch..so be warned.;) If you do like gore though the movie is currently on YouTube.
I liked Russell's hat too, it was like a transition between cowboy hats & fedoras, though I imagine this type of hat would have been common towards the end of the 19th century as chaps moved into towns & spent less time outdoors.

Last edited:
bone-tomahawk_612x380_0_huge.jpg
btjpg-9a1796_1280w.jpg

I'm assuming the first one, from L n' M's post?

wcbrown

One of the Regulars
Yep the first one. I really like the way it works on him. Cool lid! The thing I appreciated most about this movie is the care given to NOT overexpose the "bad guys". I thought it was perfect to wait that long into this film before the gratuitous stuff began and really this may sound "whaaaa ?????" , but though a lttle tough to watch, not OVER the top nasty.

C.F.

New in Town
It was a vintage felt hat, brown with a slight orange tint. Somewhat fedora style, no label, brim was steamed/blocked into a more classic shape. Look was based on an early 1900s photo of a Southwestern rancher, more of a sporting style, tin cloth jacket/boots. Many candidates from traditional trail to a Daniel Plainview wide brim with kettle curl, this was the final.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy