Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LA: Angeles National Forest Fire

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Folks,

I was just wondering how the folks in Asuza and Covina are fairing with the Angeles National Forest Fire. Are folks okay? John in Covina good? I'm just concerned.

FG.

Y'all, please be careful down there! If I was in your position, I'd have "critical valuables" and Bugout Bags packed and either at the door or already in vehicles ready to roll out at a moment's notice...

We're pullin' for y'all out here... (I'm having a rare flash of compassion here, please humor me.)

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
It was smokey enough this morning that I left and went down to my mom's house because I have breathing issues and just keeping the doors shut was not good enough any more.

Visibility was about 50-100 feet clearly ahead..past that was a haze and or non visible.

But saying that...-most- of Altadena and Pasadena are not up in the possible -flames- zones. Only a smaller corner of each is right up against the mountain.

Unless there is a -major- breakdown of all fire fighting...the fire would not be left to burn -through- hundreds of city blocks worth of homes.

So smoke yes....slightly scary yes...but danger for where I live...no.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran