Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladd's Lid - THIS GUN FOR HIRE!!!

Winkydink

Familiar Face
You mentioned software

dear mdfrench,

on another thread you mentioned that you get these images off of a dvd using some software. what software is it?

many thanks for the new avatar,

winky d.

gandydancer

Familiar Face
I call that a 50's Tough Guy Crease. It was popular with tough guys in the movies, and on the street back in those days. I do not think it ever was a factory block. Mickey Spilane himself wore his hat like that, of course he could never seem to tell whether he was the author or the charactor ;)

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

Winkydink said:
dear itg,

steve delk of adventurebilt is making/made me one. i sent him photos of alan ladd in "this gun for hire," and dick powell in "murder, my sweet." told him i wanted a sort of combination of the two. he said no problems. so i ordered it up special. there is some talk about the hat in this thread of all places:

http://thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=2803

replies #8 and following.

i havent seen it yet. and i didnt mean to create such a stir.

be good,

winky d.

Yea...but Steve is a creature of habit. Can he resist putting a tight pinch in it?

Sorry Steve. Just teasing.:p ;)

Winkydink

Familiar Face
Frigging A: gorgeous.

sharpey

thanks for the link, glad i am the owner of that thing. but why am i always the last to know?

he certainly resisted the tight pinch. i also sent him the dick powell "murder, my sweet" hat photos. that one is very softly creased. i asked him to combine the two: guess he did!

i certainly was not expecting anything as fine, nor did i think you guys would make such a fuss. beginners luck. i will quit when i am on the top.

winky d.

Winkydink

Familiar Face
ladds lid and crease

each photo of the ladd hat in this thread has a different crease. when he is dapper the crease is sharp. when he is down and out the crease become softer. whatever that means.

winky d.

Fedora

Vendor
Yea...but Steve is a creature of habit. Can he resist putting a tight pinch in it?

:) You know me too well my friend!! It is very, very difficult not to do the tight pinch. But, I managed to pull it off, and feel so much better for it. ;) regards, Fedora

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou