Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies full length robes, 1940's style for my wife.

Mountain Pilot

New in Town
Ladies:
My wife loves the full length thicker robes in 1940's movies. She's 5'9" (She was glad to find 6'.3" me). Are there any sources to find an original or current retro-version?
Thanks much,
Mountain Pilot, Golden, Colorado

lareine

A-List Customer
Butterwick currently has a reprint of one of their 1948 patterns for a dressing gown. http://butterick.mccall.com/b5152-products-7797.php?page_id=371
I made that Butterick 5152 pattern for myself. I feel so glamourous when I wear it! I made mine out of crepe-backed satin so it feels very luxurious and is suitable for summer wear. I might make it in a thicker fabric for winter. The long full sleeves and floor-length skirt mean that it is possible to stay very well insulated apart from the neckline.

It's great to have something that I can throw on and and not be embarrassed when somebody comes to the door unexpectedly first thing in the morning :)

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the review, lareine! I was thinking that would be a great pattern to make out of a glamorous and feminine fabric. Even if I had one just to put on after my nightly soak in the tub would be well worth the effort!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats