Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies Hamilton 751 watch

Can someone point me to the original price list for ladies Hamilton grade 751 wrist watches? (that is, what the watch originally cost). If you have the catalogue (or a price guide), just tell me what the prices were and i'll be eternally grateful.

The watch i'm interested in is 14K gold square-ish case w/ 4 decorative diamonds embedded in some fancy filigree (2 above face, 2 below). Serial number is in the hundreds, placing this to 1950, when they made number 001C-44200C in the 751 grade, according to this page:

http://www.hamiltonhorology.com/gelson/Image23.jpg

cheers,
bk

rongoms

Familiar Face
Sorry Baron, I've just arrived here.

My Hamilton sources show that most of the 751 watches sold new for roughly $18.

Keep in mind however, the 751 designation denotes the movement, not the model of the watch. The Fern, Toni, Trina and the Verna all used the 751 movement.

NOS Ferns are now selling for about $1000 USD.

If you can give me a rough sketch of the watch head case) i can probably ID it for you a little more accurately.

I knew if i waited long enough someone would know. Well, this watch was not working, but my dad (watchmaker) got it working again and it's winged its way to the baroness. I'll get a photo sometime (i see the watch again in 3 weeks or so). I picked it up for the low tens of dollars.

cheers,
bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff