Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies show us your best.

Jannie

New in Town
My new floral skirt

This is my first picture posting. Nervous? A little bit—who wouldn't be in this company of very stylish ladies...

Well, I just wanted to show the floral taffeta skirt I found the other day. It is hand made, and for some reason it has the zipper on the wrong side, but that doesn't matter; I really like the fit & feel of it!

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

LittleMissToniJo

One of the Regulars
This is my first picture posting. Nervous? A little bit—who wouldn't be in this company of very stylish ladies...

Well, I just wanted to show the floral taffeta skirt I found the other day. It is hand made, and for some reason it has the zipper on the wrong side, but that doesn't matter; I really like the fit & feel of it!

IMG_0605.jpg

No way! Don't be nervous, you look incredible!!! I love skirts like this, I wish I had ten of them so I could constantly be wearing one.

I love your stockings and shoes, too!

LittleMissToniJo

One of the Regulars
LittleMissToniJoI love that dress! The colour looks divine on you :)
Cute hair as well.

Super cute! Share details about the dress please!

Thank you!! I still haven't figured out how to get my hair into true 1940's styles... mostly it's just a curly mess :-\ The more I brush it the flatter it gets until there are no curls left!

My dress is actually (gasp) a repro! From this 30's pattern:
il_fullxfull.189078413.jpg

Jannie

New in Town
No way! Don't be nervous, you look incredible!!! I love skirts like this, I wish I had ten of them so I could constantly be wearing one.

I love your stockings and shoes, too!

Thank you, MissToniJo for those sweet & encouraging words...! I also really like those shoes myself. Unfortunately they had some rather visible miscolourings when i thrifted them, so I can only use them for really informal occasions—fortunately, on the other hand they occur more often than the formal ones...!

I also want to make a comment on that blue dress you are showing—it really looks marvellous on you...! In particular I like the way the buttons match the belt.

Last edited:

LittleMissToniJo

One of the Regulars
I also want to make a comment on that blue dress you are showing—it really looks marvellous on you...! In particular I like the way the buttons match the belt.

THANK YOU!!
You have no idea how long I stalked eBay and Etsy for matching "Butterscotch Bakelite" buckles and buttons :-( It was a sick obsession of mine for a month!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Everyone looks cute since I last checked this thread. Love all the dresses! I would post, but....meh. I'm nothing compared to everyone else and I only have an iPhone photo from the bathroom at my work lol :)

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
^Force someone to take your picture! That's what I do.
Here's one of my best dresses. It's a debutante to my wardrobe and I wore it for the first time yesterday, along with my one and only cuddle coat and gold wedges.

flbrokadklnning1.jpg

flbrokadklnning3.jpg

flbrokadklnning2.jpg

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
THANK YOU!!
You have no idea how long I stalked eBay and Etsy for matching "Butterscotch Bakelite" buckles and buttons :-( It was a sick obsession of mine for a month!

I love the buttons and belt buckle as well! I have that same obsession .. :D the whole dress looks stunning as well! Well done! I can't wait until I'm that good at sewing (if I ever get there!).

Jannie, gorgeous! Love that skirt. Don't be shy, you obviously look great! :)

Cherry lips, great dress! super glam! love the "cuddle coat" as well, looks very cosy :)

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
Annie, you look fabulous! My teenage daughter, only a bit younger than you, commented on your photo: "She looks so mature. But not bad-mature like girls who dress trashy. Yay vintage! See, girls should see that if they want to dress like grown-ups, they should do it vintage and be pretty!"

So, thanks for the good influence on my young lady! You're a peach!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic