Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies with Really Big Hats

Lillemor

One Too Many
I love hats. Especially decorated straw hats and I wanted to decorate some but I can't even bear to wear the simple, unadorned straw hat I own.:( I can only bear to wear a knit hat for longer times in the winter. Anything else drives me nuts and makes my scalp itch. Hats on a hot day wrecks havoc on my scalp.

Lillemor

One Too Many
Warbaby said:
This hat isn't quite as excessive as some of the others, but the gown is absolutely gorgeous...

Lady_FabGown1.JPG

That hat and everything she's wearing is so beautiful. I love that era but it would be difficult to wear styles pre 1920s unmodified today for day wear.

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Warbaby said:

This is very like a hat my Great Grandmother has on in a picture of her as a child! That would have been in the 1890s. Unfortunately I don't have a copy of it or I would post it.

She apparently had a real thing about hats her whole life. I think THAT hat must have started her off! lol

I've also just realised how like my Grandmother the little girl in the picture is. It was her mother who had that style of hat. :)

Warbaby

One Too Many
This big hat is not as outlandish as some of the others, but her matching ermine ensemble is so drop-dead gorgeous that I'm posting it anyway. The jacket with its ermine tail decoration is one of the most breathtakingly beautiful pieces of clothing I've ever seen.

LadyInFurs1910.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
big hat worn on the 4th of July

This pic was taken and appeared in the San Francisco Chronicle on the 5th. In the newspaper the photo was printed in blk&wht, but in color on their website. My husband's, mine, and our daughter's outfits and hats are all modern pieces. It was for a victorian themed 1908 Afternoon Picnic at the Pardee House in Oakland, CA.
368831055.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
to go with a really big hat...

I want hair like Helena Bonham Carter's in "Room with a View" and "Howard's End".

Okay, I'll settle for Emma Thompson's (as Helena's sister) hairdo in "Howard's End"..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo