Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lady Adventurers, Women of Mystery!

Buffalo Gal

New in Town
Spaugs said:
I have to say this is a great thread! I have a question though. I am a motorcyclist, I have a sportster that I love to ride, do any of you ahve any pictures of women riders adn what they wore? I have found many pictures of women riding in sidecars and such, but never one driving herself around.

Thanks

Excellent another lady motorcyclist adventurer! My chose mode of transport when adventuring about is my trusty Royal Enfield 500 (65 Street model modified beyond recognition :D ). I can highly recommend the MySpace group "Vintage Motorcycle Girls!" for sources of images including women who hace raced in the Isle of Man TT, Speedway and sprinting. My favourite riding gear has to be my customer made leather jods, Belstaff "Jungle Master" boots worn with a fitted, belted jacket, gauntlets and a Davida 'pudding basin' helmet with french aviator goggles and leather mask. Fun with attitude!

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
It was suggested that I post this picture here. It is from our recent trip to Yellowstone for a wedding - I wanted to be prepared (or comfortable!) A bit adventure-ish!

YellowstoneOutfit.jpg
[/IMG]

And while I was at it - I thought I should post the outfit in which I adventure most often. This one has already seen more than a few miles. This is a snow field while summiting Pikes Peak just for reference.

PikesPeak033.jpg

I just love to adventure!!!

Spaugs

New in Town
Buffalo Gal said:
Excellent another lady motorcyclist adventurer! My chose mode of transport when adventuring about is my trusty Royal Enfield 500 (65 Street model modified beyond recognition :D ). I can highly recommend the MySpace group "Vintage Motorcycle Girls!" for sources of images including women who hace raced in the Isle of Man TT, Speedway and sprinting. My favourite riding gear has to be my customer made leather jods, Belstaff "Jungle Master" boots worn with a fitted, belted jacket, gauntlets and a Davida 'pudding basin' helmet with french aviator goggles and leather mask. Fun with attitude!

Do you ahve a link to the group because I can't find it! :mad: Oh, and kudos for being a lady motorcyclist!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Spaugs said:
I have to say this is a great thread! I have a question though. I am a motorcyclist, I have a sportster that I love to ride, do any of you ahve any pictures of women riders adn what they wore? I have found many pictures of women riding in sidecars and such, but never one driving herself around.

Thanks
The picture on the third page of the two gals in boots on the car fender is about what they would wear, with soft leather helmets (like aviators helmets) and goggles...probably a little leather jacket too.

Those outfits they are wearing btw, are perfect for any outdoor hiking, camping etc. Probably the wrong boots for horseback as the laces would catch on the shrubbery.

olive bleu

One Too Many
WOW! WOW!WOW!:eek:

I have been a member for 2 years and have NEVER checked out this thread!!As an outdoorsy gal, i have always wrestled with how to balance that with my love of vintage,...and here is this fabulous thread!! Me thinks I will be up half the night!!:coffee:

texasgirl

One Too Many
I'm sooo excited!

I just won these boots on ebay. They have the NRA label- so 1933-1935. I am dying, I can't believe I got them! I don't even care if they fit, but I think they will- they'd just be cool on display! Anyway, they will go great with my vintage breeches. I'm all set for my vintage camping!!!! And get this ladies, my husband insisted I add more $ to the snipe, he was worried I wouldn't get them. And because I did, I won. Otherwise I would have missed out. I thought they'd go for over $200, but the ended up at $128

b547_3.jpg

cb40_3.jpg

e53c_3.jpg

dcd0_3.jpg

a3f0_3.jpg

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
I hope my pic counts, as I do like to think of the WW2 ATA (Air Transport auxiliary!) as Lady adventurers!
This was taken at RAF Upwood 40s event last month. Apologies for my hair, after wearing a flying helmet it sort of went...well..my rolls got squished.

ATAramsey1-1.jpg

texasgirl

One Too Many
Girl Friday said:
Those are totally awesome! Now we must go on our camping trip...I mean expedition!

Yeah, now that the weather is cooling off, we need to get planning!

Thanks everyone! Yes, I will take a picture when I get the whole outfit done. Just trying to figure out a hat?

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Kitty_Sheridan said:
I hope my pic counts, as I do like to think of the WW2 ATA (Air Transport auxiliary!) as Lady adventurers!
This was taken at RAF Upwood 40s event last month. Apologies for my hair, after wearing a flying helmet it sort of went...well..my rolls got squished.

ATAramsey1-1.jpg

I love this picture! You look amazing.. dont worry about the curls.. the helmet did all the talking.. LOL!
You look smashing :D :D

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
Saw these the other day while in Denver. The store was closed - but I found them online...hope the link works!

14871958_21_b

They are pretty spectacular considering what you cannot find in women's boots these days. And all things considered the price isn't too horrible either.

fuzzylizzie

One of the Regulars
Here's an early 1920s hiking suit from my collection:

fad001.jpg

And an ad from a 1921 catalog:

fad.jpg

I have a pair of 1920s boots from Abercrombie and Fitch that I pair with the suit. I found the boots in an antique mall.

Lizzie

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
Awww! I love knickers!! I hike in them!! What a great post!! I would love to see a picture of your outfit all together!! I love, love, love outdoor vintage!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo