Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Latest find

MKL

A-List Customer
Stetson.jpg

Here is a shot of my latest find. It is a Stetson Royal. Any idea of the age? Needs cleaning otherwise it is in great shape.

MKL

MKL

A-List Customer
inside shot

insidestetson.jpg

Here is a shot of the inside.

There is a tag that says the following:

O.P.S.
Sec. 43 C.P.R. 7
Price $12.50

On the inside band it says Stetsonian.

Thanks for any information.

MKL

MKL

A-List Customer
Thanks fellows. I actually found the hat on eBay a while back for a great price. I was surprised about the price. Received it a few weeks ago. Very happy with it.

I will try to post some other shots.

Thanks J for the ad shot.

mkl

Siirous

One of the Regulars
It's a fine looking had indeed, but the best name they could come up with for their line was "Stetson Stetsonian"?:rolleyes:

Sincerely,
Rob

Old Fogey UK

One of the Regulars
I have a similar hat but a slightly lighter gray. Mine has a Cavanagh-type edge, 2.5 inch brim and a 5.25 inch crown. The ribbon is black and 2 inches wide. It has a cord and a little button.
The sweatband is brown and marked -
Stetson Twenty (at the front)
The Sovereign Stetson Mode Edge (left side)
Stetson Twenty (under the cellophane)
Reorder # is C72027
Block B884
In overall appearance, apart from the mode edge, it is like the Bruce Willis hat in Last Man Standing.
Can anyone date this one also, please ?
(Sorry, won't have a digital camera until Christmas)

Old Fogey UK said:
I have a similar hat but a slightly lighter gray. Mine has a Cavanagh-type edge, 2.5 inch brim and a 5.25 inch crown. The ribbon is black and 2 inches wide. It has a cord and a little button.
The sweatband is brown and marked -
Stetson Twenty (at the front)
The Sovereign Stetson Mode Edge (left side)
Stetson Twenty (under the cellophane)
Reorder # is C72027
Block B884
In overall appearance, apart from the mode edge, it is like the Bruce Willis hat in Last Man Standing.
Can anyone date this one also, please ?
(Sorry, won't have a digital camera until Christmas)

Nice hat. You are in the 1950s with that one as well. The Sovereign Twenty was a nice hat--especially with the Mode Edge. Enjoy it.

Regards to all,

J

Fedorista

Familiar Face
MKL said:
insidestetson.jpg

Here is a shot of the inside.

There is a tag that says the following:

O.P.S.
Sec. 43 C.P.R. 7
Price $12.50

On the inside band it says Stetsonian.

Thanks for any information.

MKL

O.P.S. = Office of Price Stabilization = Korean War vintage bueaucracy = 1950 - 1953

Administrative History

Established: In the Economic Stabilization Agency, by General Order No. 2, Economic Stabilization Administrator, January 24, 1951. Director of Price Stabilization appointed November 30, 1950, under provisions of EO 10161, September 9, 1950, pursuant to the Defense Production Act of 1950 (64 Stat. 798), September 8, 1950.

Functions: Obtained voluntary compliance with measures to stabilize prices. Established and administered price regulations. Operated through 14 regional and about 90 district offices in principal cities of the United States and its territories and possessions, assisted by industry advisory committees.

Abolished: April 30, 1953, pursuant to EO 10434, February 6, 1953, following the decontrol of all prices and the expiration of price control provisions of the Defense Production Act. Liquidation activities terminated, June 30, 1953, and residual functions reverted to the Economic Stabilization Agency.

Mycroft

One Too Many
Fedorista said:
O.P.S. = Office of Price Stabilization = Korean War vintage bueaucracy = 1950 - 1953

Administrative History

Established: In the Economic Stabilization Agency, by General Order No. 2, Economic Stabilization Administrator, January 24, 1951. Director of Price Stabilization appointed November 30, 1950, under provisions of EO 10161, September 9, 1950, pursuant to the Defense Production Act of 1950 (64 Stat. 798), September 8, 1950.

Functions: Obtained voluntary compliance with measures to stabilize prices. Established and administered price regulations. Operated through 14 regional and about 90 district offices in principal cities of the United States and its territories and possessions, assisted by industry advisory committees.

Abolished: April 30, 1953, pursuant to EO 10434, February 6, 1953, following the decontrol of all prices and the expiration of price control provisions of the Defense Production Act. Liquidation activities terminated, June 30, 1953, and residual functions reverted to the Economic Stabilization Agency.

Wow thanks for the info, and welcome to the lounge. :cheers1: -on me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace