Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Learn Something Every day

scooter

Practically Family
So I'm at work yesterday, having a conversation about my hat fetish. My co-worker is a well-traveled, worldly sophisticate like yours truly (nice way of saying old), and he tells me of his first car, a Volvo 122, which displayed a sizable opening complete with clips in the dashboard. Bewildered by said opening, he approached his grandfather who explained to him, that in those days, many cars had such amenities built in for a gentleman to place his hat for safe-keeping while driving. The clips held the brim with the hat upside down.

I had never heard of such a thing. has anyone here ever seen or heard of such a useful item?

Big_e

Practically Family
OH! I have to go to my local western store and see if they have these! Thanks for this thread Scooter!
Ernest

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
In this thread I have some photos of a hat holder that suction-cups to the window. I use it for whichever fedora I am wearing. I rarely have a problem with it falling off, unless I'm on a very bumpy road. The main problem I have with it these days is that I prefer to have it on the right rear passenger door window, as it's easy for me to reach from the front seat. These days, though, that's where my granddaughter usually sits when I've got her in the car so I need to move it to the other side.

Cliffnopus

One of the Regulars
His first car was a Volvo 122 and you call him old? Sheesh, makes me feel downright Cro-Magnon.

Hmmm... Cro-Magnon, you must have had one of these:

flintmobile.jpg

Cliff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80