Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lee Trevor jackets question

Hi all,

I've recently been offered one really gorgeous classic CHP-style horsehide jacket made by Lee Trevor and as I can't find any decent info about it, I was wondering if perhaps someone here could tell me more about the brand?

From what I managed to gather from going through very few ended eBay auctions, it would appear that the brand is originating from France, and that these jackets are supposed to be of good quality, but then again, that's eBay so it's not like the seller who put up the info was going to be overly objective about it. . .

Even so, to me the jacket looks to be of outstanding quality - It's as thick and heavy as any Aero I've seen (albeit not as stiff), superb construction and stitching, one piece back, etc. I think it has originally been artificially distressed and looks as if someone went through a lot of trouble getting it just right. Other than that, the jacket is at least 20 years old. . . I'm also curious as to what it might be worth, should anyone know.

Well, that's that. Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance! Cheers.

wild_balls

Practically Family
Hi,

The agent for Lee Trevor in Sweden was a friend of mine i the 90's!
The quality was quite good on both leather and textile.
The only thing I would worry about is the fit, as I recall they are quite roomy, not at all slim.
But I guess that's personal. I tried a lot of them in the 90's, feels nice and heavy!
Their bowling shirts was awesome! All their clothing was quite expensive!

Cheers Joakim

Yeah, expensive's the word I've been hearing getting thrown around a lot as I was inquiring about the brand - despite the fact so few had heard of it. Figured as much, the jacket does look really good. Feels so too. And can't imagine just about anyone working with horsehide these days, reckon it must be worth at least what the person's asking for it.

Though now that you've mentioned it, odd thing about the fit. That's one thing I was wondering about - even though the jacket in question is tagged as XXL, I honestly can't find it being any different in size than my 618 sz. 42 from Schott. Granted, Schott's known for, well, being very forgiving when it comes to their customers bellies, so to put it, but still if that's what their XXL is supposed to be like, I honestly can't imagine I'd be able to fit into an L - size that I normally wear.

Thank you kindly for the help wild_balls!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay