Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's see your mechanical watches

viclip

Practically Family
Here it is...........
Wowser!!!

That's a really nice Model 6 Grade Bunn Special full plate 18-size Illinois Watch Co. private label timepiece. Made about the year 1900, it met Railroad Grade specs & perhaps saw such service back in the day.

Eye-catching dial too!

Wear it well ...

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
IMG_4882.jpg

Been wearing this old Elgin which is basically a stem-winding pocket watch with lugs for straps. Sterling case. Keeps perfect time!

MichaelV

New in Town
Wowser!!!

That's a really nice Model 6 Grade Bunn Special full plate 18-size Illinois Watch Co. private label timepiece. Made about the year 1900, it met Railroad Grade specs & perhaps saw such service back in the day.

Eye-catching dial too!

Wear it well ...
Yes Sir, I purchased it because its a Railroad Grade watch. I love the 18sz watches and have a few more along with a few 16 sz.

Yahoody

One Too Many
This one is a close "clone", Chinese copy of the Tudor FXD and literally the best $160.00 I have ever spent on a mechanical watch.

Helps that I like it a tiny bit better than my Tudor FXD for a few reasons and love the attributes of the T-F watches that I own.

The lume, over all visual clarity of the dial and hands and of course the titanium case with fixed bars make the model exceptional for my own use. The Seiko NH35 mechanical movement in it, not so much. I have never, ever, wanted to open a case back on any watch. But this watch and its price, but more importantly its attributes, convinced me otherwise. I learned how to regulate a NH35 by hand and eyeball with the pair. No timegrapher involved. It only took a week or so of tuning and retuning with two identical watches to get that done.

Now they both run easily inside COSC chronometer time frames and all on the plus side generally of -0- to +6spd. They both fluctuate everyday in and out of 6 or so seconds per day depending on position. But no question. good enough for a daily wear watch. I'd venture to say as good or better than any of the mid 70s to late 80's Rolex sport watches I have owned. And beat the heck out of the typical NH35 that runs -20 to + 40 seconds a day and their claimed standards. If they will even make that. One of mine did. One did not, until they were properly regulated.

The Tactical Frog, FX. Great watch!
https://tacticalfrogwatch.com/products/v4-tactical-frog-fxd-watch (they go on sale quite often)
1708133560382.jpeg

1708133619150.jpeg

Last edited:

Yahoody

One Too Many
This one came as a surprise. The Chinese PT5000 movement has been impressive. It is a more recent clone of the Swiss 2824-2. This one is running @ a steady +1/2 second a day and has since I put it on my wrist. The IXDAO time keeping is much better than my new Tudor 39 and its COSC chrono rated movement. Frankly the IXTAO is the best $250 (and most comfortable watch) I have ever put on my wrist.
1709662968259.jpeg

Yahoody

One Too Many
Great time to be alive in the mechanical watch world!

I mentioned the PT5000 Chinese movement above, encased in titanium with a titanium bracelet.

I have two of the watches now both running at better than COSC chrono time on my wrist or being hand would in my desk top watch box. Simply outstanding performance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner