Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's See your Wrapped Presents

Amelie

A-List Customer
I've been doing the brown paper thing for the last four years, so this year it's revolution! (well, if we compare to the brown paper lol)

cadeauxht6.jpg

it's a really rich red metalic paper with embossed designs, I simply love it :eusa_clap

(ok, I've been quick with scotch tape but shhh :rolleyes: )

Kim_B

Practically Family
Ack. These are terrible scans!! At any rate, I attached a pair of earrings I made to the back of these cards, then wrapped them in tissue paper, and then put them in little sachets I made.

sparrow.jpg

pinkhat.jpg

Blackandred.jpg

Angel.jpg

The third one I just made for myself because I loved the picture. I'll probably use it as a bookmark or some such. Again, please forgive the terrible scans...if I remember, I'll take photos of the whole package tonight during our Christmas Eve festivities.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just now realized that the TSa or whatever the airport security people are called will not allow me to travel with wrapped presents! So I am going to have to unwrap, which is a pain since I'm traveling ON CHRISTMAS DAY. Anyway my wrapping isn't particularly interesting so I'll spare you, though I did tie the gifts with sequins.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Oh fun!

I only do wrapping at the Gallery, it's so much easier, we have the coolest bows, the you unwind from the cardboard wheel, they're flat so you need to trim the end, separate two bits of satin, and pull on two tiny ribbons and as you slide your fist up the ribbons, a big Martha Stewart type bow! then you tie the ribbon ends around your present, and it's like a designer wrapped your gift!!! And on top of that, it's really entertaining!lol

Those are beautiful gifts ladies, I especially like the earring idea.

RaasAlHayya

A-List Customer
My favorite gift-wrapping method is one I didn't have the time, energy or supplies for this year.

I wrap the present in tissue paper, then in netting by placing the gift in the middle of large sheets of tissue and netting, then gathering the wrap up over top of the gift and tying it with a pretty yarn, then gluing small fabric flowers on instead of bows.

This year, we have one roll of paper...we're lucky to have tape. :p Most of the gifts Lee and I are exchanging are in Christmas stockings we got at a dollar store.

--Leslie

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Very pretty, ladies! I was at my neighbors' house yesterday but didn't think to borrow their camera.

I'm going to add some foliage to my wrapping; I have some outdoor plants with green leaves and interesting seedheads.

kath

New in Town
I love a simple wrapping paper and decorating it with flowers, toys, candy, ribbons, anything, like Paisley said. I was poor this year, so it was very festive dollar store paper, rafia and ribbons for me, but it's still fun to curl ribbons, no matter how cheap they are! I have a box full of fake flowers, plastic toys, like model animals, and creepy things like spiders and lizards to decorate gifts with. It's almost more fun to wrap a gift than it is to get one! Here is a photo, not too exciting, but I tried to be simple and pretty this year with what I had.
img9325fj4.jpg
[/IMG]
I did a nice box full of baking for my in-laws...it was a plain brown box with nice ribbons etc. I'll try to get a photo of it later. I love the netting idea too, RaasAlHayya!

My husband and I also designed our own Xmas cards this year and wanted something kinda 50's illustration-esq. This is what we came up, and did a few different colour combos with this design:
cardjz8.jpg

Faye Valentine

Paisley said:
The latest thing in gift wrapping (I've heard) is to wrap your gifts in plain brown paper and put on a pretty ribbon. This sounds like something people would have done during the Depression (assuming they had gifts to give).

For me, I always thought they wrapped gifts in cloth or fabric just like that scene in Blast from the past when Brendan Frasher's character turned 30. Paper would be wasted terribly being ripped up and never reused for something else. you know how they loved recycling and reusing back then. getting the most out of their things. Who knows though. I mean scotch tape was invented in the 1930s and that was used to tape up food wrap for meat from the butcher's and whatnot.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
They probably unwrapped carefully and re-used the paper. Some people still do this. I don't re-use paper, since it gets folded and never looks like new again, but I do re-use ribbons and bows.

IlsaLund

One of the Regulars
Haha, brown paper is EXACTLY what I've always used. Drives my mother nuts, because she's all about the bright shiny colors and zim-zam. But nope, for me, a brown paper bag with a nice ribbon, and maybe a bow.

My family actually made a joke of this, and wrapped one of my gifts in a brown paper bag. Of course, they didn't use the PLAIN side, and drew all over the other side. In fact, they didn't even wrap the gift. Rather, they put the bag over a lined trashcan that held my gift (a pineapple purse). Let me find the picture and post it... it's hillarious. They outfitted the bag with a "pearl necklace" and victory rolls and everything.

P1010395.jpg

I had just woken up, no makeup, and a cold... but I was still wearing my pearls!

dolly

New in Town
Darn mine are unwrapped now.

I used this wonderful vintage inspired paper that hallmark had this year. Cream, with gold Merry Christmas in a really nice font & green wreathes.

Folly

One of the Regulars
Paisley said:
The latest thing in gift wrapping (I've heard) is to wrap your gifts in plain brown paper and put on a pretty ribbon. This sounds like something people would have done during the Depression (assuming they had gifts to give).

I like a more festive look; I'll see if I can borrow my neighbor's digital camera to post some pictures of the gifts I wrapped with floral paper and big ribbons.

This is exacly what my sister did this year! And as a bonus, I got to keep all of the beautiful satin ribbon to wear in my hair!

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Well, I originally posted it in the Powder Room because it's usually women who wrap gifts.

However, my ex-boyfriend was so good at gift wrapping that his family called him "Jack the Wrapper."

ITG

Call Me a Cab
We're trying to move multi-gender topics out of the PR and consolidate the girl stuff in the PR. Just one of those decisions we have to make. This thread can still be enjoyed here too just as easily but with male input too. I must say my husband did a great job wrapping a lightsaber for his nephew. A much better job than I ever could. You're right, men have skills too in the wrapping department. That's funny about Jack the Wrapper. Cute!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy