Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lime green pants!

Lime green pants. Yay or Nay?

• Yes - I can work it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - Not my style.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Feraud

Bartender
I plan to wear these in a casual setting. A Guayabera shirt in white, yellow, or even gray and navy might work.

No '?' marks will be worn with these pants!

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
There's a guy here in the DC area named Matthew Lesko who has dubbed himself Mr. Info and has written books on how to get free money and grants out of the federal government.

I've seen him at events around town, and he's usually wearing some garish outfit covered in question marks:

feature1.jpg
matthew-lesko1.jpg

woodyinnyc

One of the Regulars
I might have missed this, but from what fabric are the pants in question made? I have a pair of lighter green corduroys that I love wearing, obviously in winter, with a black sweater. Oh, and lets not forget my favorite ORANGE corduroys! Love them!

GBR

One of the Regulars
You must be taking up employment as a clown in a circus with those.

Briscoeteque

One of the Regulars
Why wouldn't I wear those pants? The color doesn't look electric or neon, but it's still bold and intresting. I'd try to tone them down with an off-white shirt, but they are hardly a risk in my book. Make them plaid lime green pants, well, that's where I draw the line.

vonwotan

Practically Family
I voted yes. The color is bold and interesting but not outrageous - I might pass if they were really bright or shiny... In summertime, especially for outdoor parties, I like to wear colorful pants with a navy blazer.

Jovan

Suspended
Senator Jack said:
Officially held up by copyrights. Fox owns the prints and wants to release it, Warner owns the title, image, etc., and thinks it's an embarrasment to the franchise. One DVD company has a set for $80, but I've heard the dupes are bad.

Regards,

Senator Jack
Oh, yes, quite an embarassment! Especially when all the fans KNOW it's campy and like it for that reason. :rolleyes:

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Jovan said:
ROFL, MrBern.

But really, back then they put a lot more thought into costuming for a low budget TV series. Look at the cut on that jacket and the lining! (And the question mark tie pin... that's genius.)

Feraud, I think you could make it work.

Actually I'm not sure if those images are from th Batman tv series or the 1966 Batman Movie

heres a B&W shot of that costume w/ the bowler
http://imdb.com/gallery/mptv/1394/Mptv/1394/3285_0131.jpg

Feraud, I really dont think those pants are too loud in the summer with say a white linen shirt. But if you want, I could get a sharpie & draw some questionmark accents! You & Jack would make great tv villains.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran