Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lining Question

Jovan

Suspended
I think this should be moved to Suits but... I think this is a good question for Manton. (Something I'm interested in as well.)

*fires up Manton summoning machine*

Dagwood

Practically Family
It's my understanding that lining helps a jacket keep its shape better (how much is an open question). Granted, as the good Baron notes, it does make the jacket warmer.

Also, lining would help cover up any exposed seams on the inside of the coat which, otherwise, would drive you nuts. It is also my understanding that lining assists one in removing the jacket with ease (not that I'll break a sweat without the lining). Also, if you are allergic to the fabric, lining would provide an extra layer of security.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Of the jackets I own several of them are partially lined. I prefer the partical lining out of nostalgia and with some of the super heavyweights they made in the 30's and 40's it breaths better. Fo wearability i think the lined would last longer though I like the feel of the unlined better for some unknown reason. I also like the look of the skeleton lining with the seams taped over. companies can hide alot of unfinished seams with a lining and hide alot of shoddy workmanship. I sill have yet to post the new Hemrajani suit though when I do, take a look at how nice the inside looks. May not make it wear more durably though it's smashing even if some think it looks cheaper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn