Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Liquid Eyeliner and other Makeup Conundrums

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
I've had my makeup professionally done and they've always told me to go with the warmer oranges and peaches, so I'm with Begin the Beguine on that one! It all depends on you specifically, we're all different!

-Ronald (just kidding)

katiemakeup

Practically Family
:eek:fftopic:
I still stand by my theory that red heads look amazing in blue red lips!!!lol
untitledvp4.png

lucilleballqp1.jpg

cateblanchettithe3611cpw9.jpg

JazzBaby

Practically Family
thebadmamajama said:
I've had my makeup professionally done and they've always told me to go with the warmer oranges and peaches, so I'm with Begin the Beguine on that one! It all depends on you specifically, we're all different!

-Ronald (just kidding)

Apolgies again! You look fantastic btw.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Regarding shades for redheads - it is entirely dependent upon the individual. With your coloring Viola, it sounds like you can probably get away with most any red. I am very warm, with golden undertones, dark brown eyes, freckles, and auburn hair. Orange and brown reds look best on me, as well as true reds. Blue reds are a definite no-go with my complexion - they look awful on me, and very dark maroon colors are just too harsh as well. Likewise, I have to be careful about what pinks I wear.

I personally do not believe that redheads are limited color-wise any more than any other haircolor is - you just have to find what works for you individually!

JazzBaby

Practically Family
thebadmamajama said:
oh, if you knew me you'd know I meant it ALL in COMPLETE jest

ps--I've never seen that pic of Marilyn...such a beauty!!!

Yeah I'm a big Marilyn fan but when I saw this pic I just thought 'wow'! I much prefer it to the later pics when she was a bit OTT - she looks so beautiful and innocent in it.

Glad you were joking, I'd hate to offend anyone!

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
make-up basics; foundation

One of the things I see alot is the tell tale look of the foundation-line along the jawline...not good. Here's how to prevent this!
The best way to choose a foundation color is to conduct a stripe test. Here are a few fast rules to follow so you won't 'flunk'. always conduct your stripe test in natural light. Start with three different foundation shades to compare and contrast. Finaly, if the shade you choose is the best match with your neck color, you will pass the test with flying colors.
Ivory and beige
If you have ivory or beige skin tones, conduct the stripe test from jaw to neck to get a true match to the neck. Women with these skin types tend to have redness in their faces, but not in their necks, so it's important to get a true match. Start by applying three stripes of the different foundation shades from your jaw to your neck and wait a few minutes to see if the oils in your skin change the color pigments. Select the one that most closely matches your neck.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
continued...

Bronze and ebony
Women with bronze and ebony skin tones should stripe-test from the cheeck area to the jaw area, because some women with these skin tones have 'facial masking', or lighter skin on the interior of the face and darker skin on the outer edges of the face.
Start by applying three stripe of the different foundation shades extending from your cheeck to your jaw area, and wait a few minutes to see if the oils in your skin change the color pigments.
If you have any degree of facial masking, use two shades of foundation to perfect your skin tone; one shade to brighten your skin, and another to deepen it.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
jitterbugdoll said:
And to follow your advice, it is important to always blend your foundation down partway on your neck to avoid that telltale line of demarcation.
very true! also, putting a little moisturizer on while blending works great as well.

epr25

Practically Family
I love liquid eyeliner. I wear it everyday. It does take a little practice. I can only manage to use the Loreal kind. It come with a very small and thin brush. I can't use the ones that are like a pen. They are never dark enough. I would recomend this kind to anyone. And it's not to expensive.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've been using that L'oreal liquid eyeliner, too. I LOVE it.
Perhaps it is the natural redhead who looks best in orange-toned lipsticks, adding to the confusion. Aren't we something like one percent of the population? (Although I should add I own 1000s of lipsticks, several of which are blue reds, and yes I look gorgeous in them.) ;)

doghouse

One of the Regulars
thebadmamajama said:
:eek:fftopic: There are frightening theories that redheads will become extinct before the end of this century! Get your orange-toned lipsticks while you can!:eek:

Haha. Not at the rate I'm going! I'm a redhead who married a redhead. We have four (so far) redheaded children. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24