Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

liquid eyeliner?

BitterEpiphany

Familiar Face
I found a Loreal Eyeliner marker and i'm obsessed with it. It's liquid liner with pencil application. You can also (and this is my prefered method) brush the marker with an angled concealer brush and apply the eyeliner that way. As long as you keep the brush in good shape, it's an excellent way to apply liquid liner. I can even do it in the car while the SO is driving and not get messy.

The thing I prefer about the marker is that the liner seems to "set" faster than liquid, so unless I forget to wash it off before I go to the gym, it never runs. It seems to be a sweat & oil issue rather than a wet issue.

EDIT: as an additional fyi - if you have sensative eyes (allergies) you might find that eyeliner is a problem for you just like eye shadow can be....or, if you just have a shadow shade you like... there are great transformers out there and, unlike water, they'll make the shadow water resistant.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P175173&categoryId=B70
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P35210&categoryId=B70
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P216623&categoryId=B70

PS

A-List Customer
I see a few postings about the Urban Decay....
here is a similar product: Jesse's Girl Eyeshadow transformer
est_product.jpg

Its just a few bucks, 3? I think and can be found at Rite Aid. HTHS!;)

Inky

One Too Many
PS said:
I see a few postings about the Urban Decay....
here is a similar product: Jesse's Girl Eyeshadow transformer
est_product.jpg

Its just a few bucks, 3? I think and can be found at Rite Aid. HTHS!;)

That's cool, PS, quite a bit cheaper than Urban Decay - I'm going to look for it next time I'm at Rite Aid! I've never noticed that make up line before.

Here's a review of it that compares it the UD brand

Lola Getz

One of the Regulars
For the life of me, I cannot get the hang of liquid liner. Then I read Josephine's post:
I desperately want to become good at putting on liquid liner. I know you have to just practice practice practice... I have a British brand that starts with an "R" and the brush is just so thin, I can't get a decent line.

Edit: Ha! It's Rimmel.

and I feel much better. I have that brand of liner and it's driving me bonkers. The brush is tiny and the liquid takes forever to dry. I can't get the outer corners to look decent-ever!-and my eyelashes are always in the way. lol I'm hopeless.

Josephine

One Too Many
Lola Getz said:
For the life of me, I cannot get the hang of liquid liner. Then I read Josephine's post... and I feel much better. I have that brand of liner and it's driving me bonkers. The brush is tiny and the liquid takes forever to dry. I can't get the outer corners to look decent-ever!-and my eyelashes are always in the way. lol I'm hopeless.

w00t! Go us! Wait... :eusa_doh:

Lola Getz

One of the Regulars
lol
We're hopeless! We're proud! Our eyes are undefined! (I tried to find a rhyme but it just wasn't going to happen...)

Josephine

One Too Many
I was in CVS today and swung by the make up section to look over L'Oreal's liquid liner. I couldn't remember the specific name though, so I looked at Maybeline. They had one for less so I got it. When I took it out of the package I found out it was a pencil type! :rage: I tried it anyway and it seems ok... Still want to get a liquid. I need to write down the name though!

olive bleu

One Too Many
sooo...to say something is "pants" means it's no good?:p I actually love a lot of Rimmel products, but what do i know, I'm a cheapskate...I was looking at their liquid eyeliner, and bought the maybelline instead, but frankly i don't think it makes any difference.I'm still blind as a bat and just cannot get it on right.The only eyeliner i can successfully apply is the almay retractable one.

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Doh...sorry!
Yes, to be 'pants' in the UK means rubbish etc.

I think it's the brush tbh with the Rimmel. It drops hairs and the liquid is too gloopy.

I like Collection 2000's liquid liner (about £2 in the UK) and when I'm feeling flushed financially (hardly ever!) I like Max Factor.

I just wish I could do them like my friend Jo. Hers always look perfect.

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Kitty_Sheridan said:
Doh...sorry!
Yes, to be 'pants' in the UK means rubbish etc.

I think it's the brush tbh with the Rimmel. It drops hairs and the liquid is too gloopy.

I like Collection 2000's liquid liner (about £2 in the UK) and when I'm feeling flushed financially (hardly ever!) I like Max Factor.

I just wish I could do them like my friend Jo. Hers always look perfect.

What other words from the UK can U teach us?
I have a friend in London and I love hearing her talk!! LOL

Rimmel liner was not great with my eyes... it wasnt easy to put on.. so I threw it away! I am a maybeline girl... I used to buy the expensive stuff when I was a makeup artist for Lancome... but since then.. no WAY! Maybeline works just the same!!

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
No worries!:p

I bought a 40s Max Factor kohl liner case recently and luckily the modern pencils still fit!
It looks so cool in my retro bag with the Max Factor lipstick case (which I refilled!)
Anyone wanna see? Or am I going waaay off topic?

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Kitty_Sheridan said:

I bought a 40s Max Factor kohl liner case recently and luckily the modern pencils still fit!
It looks so cool in my retro bag with the Max Factor lipstick case (which I refilled!)

NO NO I want to see!! U MUST SHOW IT!

I bought a stratton compact and I dont think I will ever be able to use the lipstick portion :(

Josephine

One Too Many
Kitty_Sheridan said:

Yes! No! :D

AudreyH

Familiar Face
I never really pay attention to brands. lol But I checked the brand of my liquid eye-liner just now and it's 'Mary-Kate And Ashley'. It works good for me. :)

Lillemor

One Too Many
Kitty_Sheridan said:

Of course we want to see!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24