Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LizzieMaine on TV

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
The first one is titled 3D Cuban Missile Crisis/Amos 'n Andy Record/Women's Suffrage Painting
It is the first episode in season 5 if anyone has any luck in finding it, i didn't, but would be interested in seeing it :)

LizzieMaine

Bartender
The new one's about a radio script from 1932 from a segment of the "Lucky Strike Hour" which turns out to be from the first radio series officially authorized by J. Edgar Hoover of the Bureau of Investigation. I explain the background of the program, describe how the critics received it, and play a recording of a typical episode.

(The house they show me at when the History Detective arrives is *not* my house. They didn't want to come to Maine to film -- no doubt they were afraid of being stampeded by a moose or eaten by a lobster or something -- so they shipped me down to Long Island for an afternoon.)

Bill O'Rights

New in Town
I caught this on "reruns" the other day. I had no idea that it was 3 years old, but I sure as heck recognized our own dear Lizzie. They could not possibly have picked a better expert.

Fletch said:
WOW? That can't possibly refer to the then NBC affiliate in Omaha, could it?
Yup, it does. Although now it's KQCH, WOW used to be broadcast from the top of the Woodmen of the World tower, in downtown Omaha. Hence the WOW. WOWT, the local NBC television affiliate, is the last vestige of the once very prominent WOW. I think that WOW radio "went away" sometime around 10 years ago, or so. I know that it was the late 90's.

Silver Dollar

Practically Family
I get History Detectives here in Shelbville but the show that was mentioned is not on in the next couple of weeks. I'll keep an eye out for the show. (That could be painful. lol )

Gingerella72

A-List Customer
LizzieMaine said:
The new one's about a radio script from 1932 from a segment of the "Lucky Strike Hour" which turns out to be from the first radio series officially authorized by J. Edgar Hoover of the Bureau of Investigation. I explain the background of the program, describe how the critics received it, and play a recording of a typical episode.

(The house they show me at when the History Detective arrives is *not* my house. They didn't want to come to Maine to film -- no doubt they were afraid of being stampeded by a moose or eaten by a lobster or something -- so they shipped me down to Long Island for an afternoon.)

Just a reminder to everyone to watch History Detectives tonight! :)

Marla

A-List Customer
Is it the episode titled: "Jackie Robinson All-Stars, Modoc Basket, Special Agent Five"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner