Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LO question

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
I wear a 7 1/8, which is a comfortable fit, and just a tad loose when my head is shaved. But I noticed that a Cavanagh I bought recently is a 7 1/8 Long Oval and it fits nice as well, but my Peter Bros which is suppose to be my size but that is stiff as a board is painfully tight on the front and back of my head , but there are gaps on the side(it feels like it was made for Charlie Browns noggin:mad: ). Am I really a long oval? How do you really know? And is that a question Art could answer now that he has seen the shape of my head with the conformer? Thanks for any wisdom you guys dole out.:D

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
handlebar bart said:
I wear a 7 1/8, which is a comfortable fit, and just a tad loose when my head is shaved. But I noticed that a Cavanagh I bought recently is a 7 1/8 Long Oval and it fits nice as well, but my Peter Bros which is suppose to be my size but that is stiff as a board is painfully tight on the front and back of my head , but there are gaps on the side(it feels like it was made for Charlie Browns noggin:mad: ). Am I really a long oval? How do you really know? And is that a question Art could answer now that he has seen the shape of my head with the conformer? Thanks for any wisdom you guys dole out.:D

You might be a long oval if... you put on a stiff hat and have gaps at the sides. :)

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Art Fawcett said:
Bart, you are definitely a long oval with a variation in that you lean toward egg oval. ( wider in the back than a standard LO)

Thanks for the quick responses guys. Art, my wife has been calling me an egghead for years. If she ever reads this thread and has her opinion proven I will never hear the end of it. :D lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou