Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Local 40's Society?

VargasGirl

One of the Regulars
Hello Gals, I have been searching for a local (Indianapolis area) 40's Society I could get involved with. Doesn't have to be WWII Reenacting, just something that is similar to what this board is, only in person. ;) I have Googled, searched this board, and searched places like reenactor.net and have come up with nada. Do any of you know of something like this in the Indy/Midwest area? Or of another resourse I haven't come across yet that might lead me to what I am looking for?
Thanks!
Chandra

Kim_B

Practically Family
I've been curious about this too...not that I'd ever have time to do anything outside of work, but it'd be nice to have the option :)

If nothing is out there, we could always start our own...(she says half-joking, half-serious...)

P

Paul

It is.....

That's how every society, event or organisation started. It takes just two people talking together and saying " Should we start a ?????? ".
What a great idea, I wish you luck.:eusa_clap

Kim_B

Practically Family
VargasGirl,

Do you know any one who would be interested? None of my friends understand my obsession with all things vintage! I don't have a ton of free time as it stands, anyway, but it'd still be fun!

VargasGirl

One of the Regulars
No, not yet anyway. I actually don't have any friends here, I haven't lived here long and I work as a nanny so I don't really meet a lot of new people. I am getting involved with a book club, tonight is our first meeting actually. I was thinking of maybe posting an ad on Craigslist to put some feelers out there.

Kim_B

Practically Family
I might poke around some of the groups on MySpace, just to see where people are from...maybe we'll get some takers :)

VargasGirl

One of the Regulars
Ohh, you're not far from me at all, about a half an hour according to Mapquest. Yea! I'm in Fishers, just north of Indy. BTW- I didn't bother listing anything on Craig's list, I'm mad at them right now. I had posted an ad saying I'm available for babysitting on there, and was contacted by people running a money order scam. I posted a warning to the others in the childcare forum, and Craig's List flagged and removed it saying it was unappropriate. That's the thanks I get for trying to help others.

Kim_B

Practically Family
VargasGirl - that's awful! I'm sorry you had to deal with that! There aren't any groups on MySpace based out of Indiana that I could find. Most looked like they were more into the Psychobilly scene than anything else. Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you! (Don't want to offend anyone!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany