Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lone Ranger

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Apparently there will be a Lone Ranger film in production soon. No word yet on who will play the lead ... although Michael Keaton was mentioned. And Johnny Depp is slated to play Tonto.

Getting real tired of remakes. The Incredible Mr Limpet is being redone also ... Depp in that lead too.

Leesensei

One of the Regulars
Russell Brand! ;0 Just kidding. That would be enough for me to shoot myself! In my mind, Clayton Moore is so established as The Lone Ranger that I really have a hard time imagining another actor in the role. I just can't think of anyone on the scene right now that is worthy to fill his boots.

Lee

Leesensei

One of the Regulars
Actually, I just thought about Mathew Fox, who played Dr. Jack Shephard on tv's LOST! I think he could play the Role of the Lone Ranger. Or maybe Jon Hamm from Mad Men?

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Agreed. That would indeed work. But no Depp as Tonto. The whole pic would have to revolve around him. As for the plot, I really am keeping my fingers crossed that the writers aren't changing it up too much, making it campy, or setting it in a modern era.

And speaking of writers ... can we get some new ones hired on in Hollywood, please??

I believe every movie being remade right now is planned to have Johnny Depp. ;D

Sincerely,
The Wolf
Depp is gonna be busy for the next couple of years. In addition to The Lone Ranger (if Depp's involved; as far as I know it's only rumor at this point) he'll be co-starring in a Dark Shadows theatrical film as Barnabas Collins (with Tim Burton directing), and Disney has plans for another two Pirates of the Caribbean films to be shot back-to-back (not counting On Stranger Tides, which is now in post-production).

Last edited:

Pompidou

One Too Many
I agree with Widebrim. Russell Crowe would be the best choice. If anyone's seen 3:10 to Yuma, they've seen my argument that he can do a good western.

How about Christian Bale, though? I think Bale could look the part. Bale is probably my 2nd choice. He'd be tied for first if he didn't voice what seems to be every single line ever as a mumbly growl. Exaggerating of course, but that's the impression that comes to mind when one mentions Christian Bale. Another point in Bale's favor, is he's a great 2nd fiddle. He's never the focus of any movie he's in. Crowe took the show in 3:10, Depp took it in Public Enemies and Ledger took it in Dark Knight. If Depp is Tonto, Tonto will be the only character of any interest. If the Lone Ranger has to be the boring straight-man, he might as well be played by the best boring straight-man in the industry. He'll exist. He'll sell tickets. He won't take the spotlight off of whatever fun Depp brings to Tonto, since Depp doesn't know how to play 2nd fiddle, and the producers wouldn't want it even if he could.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Ok folks, here is the first image for the upcoming (May 2013) version of the Lone Ranger.
MV5BMTU0NzIwNDg0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzA2MTE1Nw@@._V1._SX640_SY450_.jpg

Im not at all displeased with Tonto. He has the grittiness and a bit more authenticity than the original serial version in the Americanized buckskins. And the Lone Ranger will be Played by Armie Hammer.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1210819/

So far I'm not at all displeased.

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy