Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Green Hornet

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I might have to look up the old show so I can join in the complaining. My only experience comes from the radio show from earlier, and I rather liked that, although it was in itself a bit campy. If I watch the show I can complain about that and the upcoming movie.

Yeps said:
I might have to look up the old show so I can join in the complaining. My only experience comes from the radio show from earlier, and I rather liked that, although it was in itself a bit campy. If I watch the show I can complain about that and the upcoming movie.
Except for some short clips on You Tube and two "movies" on dvd (which are actually just episodes from the series edited together) you won't find much unless you look for bootleg copies. Like the 60s Batman television show, The Green Hornet is held up in litigation over who actually owns the rights, and the series has never been legitimately released.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
trailer

Seth Rogen was on Kimmel pushing this movie this week. Possibly because it has had such negative press?

I'm reminded that when Michael keaton starrred in BATMAN in 1989, he had mostly played comedic roles. But in Batman he didnt clown around.
Some directors like tapping that energy. Liek when Christopher Lloyd and John Larroquette played Klingons in TrekIII.

But Rogen seems to be going for the laughs as the Green Hornet.
I'll wait to judge, but I suspect he was better cast as a mall cop.
3944125765_2c17fd5bc4.jpg

heres the new trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_l6STY5Scs

vintage68

Practically Family
You know, I just watched the trailer, and I gotta say it didn't look too bad. I'm not a diehard fan though, so I realize it might not please the fans.

It's coming out now in Jan. 2011, the period where Hollywood dumps all the lousy movies not good enough for the summer and holiday movies, so that doesn't bode well, but still, it doesn't look too bad.

Leesensei

One of the Regulars
Tomorrow, Jan 11th, the Syfy channel is running a marathon of The Green Hornet TV series, starring Van Williams and Bruce Lee. I hope that new and old fans alike will take this opportunity to catch this classic series. It will certainly be time better spent than watching the new Seth Rogen movie.

AliasTheScarfstill.jpg

kpreed

One of the Regulars
I do wish the folks in Tinsel-Town would get a clue and stop with putting out all this mindless trash. (on this movie , my thinking will be this same statement, till it, the film, proves it other wise)
Now, I think a movie based on the radio show and set in 1939 (or close), would be really cool!
Just my 2¢

Last edited:

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Tomorrow, Jan 11th, the Syfy channel is running a marathon of The Green Hornet TV series, starring Van Williams and Bruce Lee. I hope that new and old fans alike will take this opportunity to catch this classic series. It will certainly be time better spent than watching the new Seth Rogen movie.

I hope everyone can get a chance to sample at least a few eps - I was a regular view of the original and have managed to collect most of them (thanks to usenet). The great thing about the TV show is that they played it absolutely straight - no tongue-in-cheek, no campy villians, no garish sets. They even toned down Mike Axford's stage Irish accent from the radio series and made him a serious character instead of the comedy relief.

Leesensei

One of the Regulars
I thoroughly enjoyed the episodes that I gat to see yesterday. Brought back many great memories. I am so glad that SYFY channel hosted this marathon. Now if we could get them to run the Green Hornet serials one day! :)

s640x480.jpg

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Last night Mythbusters had a Green Hornet special with Seth Rogen during which the Mythbusters team blew away several of the movie's big scenes as being "busted" while Rogen made up excuses. I've seen enough of the movie via trailers to know it's not going to be worth my time and money to go see it in the theaters. Maybe I'll get it from NetFlix in a couple of months, but I dunno... I have a hard time watching Britt Reid reduced to bumbling jackass.

Regards,
Tom

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Last night Mythbusters had a Green Hornet special with Seth Rogen during which the Mythbusters team blew away several of the movie's big scenes as being "busted" while Rogen made up excuses. I've seen enough of the movie via trailers to know it's not going to be worth my time and money to go see it in the theaters. Maybe I'll get it from NetFlix in a couple of months, but I dunno... I have a hard time watching Britt Reid reduced to bumbling jackass.

Regards,
Tom

The film is getting terrible reviews, so you might not have to wait that long for it to show up on Netflix or Redbox ;)

59Lark

Practically Family
Well we went out with another couple to the deluxe theater leather seats with table service, meals, alcohol, firside lounge, premier , my buddy bought the tickets on line, no waiting no rush but $20. a seat with 3d classes. Was a good experience , a beer and a bag of popcorn helped and I wore a tie and a overcoat and a fedora and got quite a few looks from all these twenty somethings. Having watched all of the colour sixties verson with bruce lee, the critics were right, they screwed up the job, 70 million dollars for poo. The stars of the movie, the 65 imperial, thats it. Dont go, save your money$ go rent the shadow it was much better done. 59LARK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo