Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Long Hair & 1930's.....

newtovintage

One of the Regulars
Hello, I plan to make an outfit for the upcoming holidays that is from the 1930's. The problem is that my hair is long, about mid-back & I don't want to cut my hair, but I would like to do a style that will suit the dress. Early to mid 30's for the dress. Can anyone help me with ideas, images, how-tos, etc.? I would really appreciate any help.

Thank you all in advance,
Sarah Grace

Clabbergirl

One of the Regulars
Many women in the 30's kept their hair long and simply pinned/tucked it under in the back (aka Helena Bonham Carter's as the Queen Mother-to-be in The King's Speech). There are several tutorials on YouTube that help with this. Here's one and she has length.

Claireg

One of the Regulars
Hi there

I did some styling for a girl who had long hair and needed it into a 1932 bob style, hopefully the resultant pic will come out ok.
So what i did was...
wet the whole hair, divided it into the two sides, the top back and underneath back.
I then pinned the underneath back into small pin curls.
The sides I fingerwaved and at the ends i pincurled.
I then put her under a dryer - to dry the waves and pincurls at the sides.
After drying I took out the pincurls at the sides only - and styled with loose pincurls to the desired length.

I then hot rollered the top back and loosely pinned the resultant curls over the pincurls i had already done on the underneath back.

Hope these directions make sense!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I actually tried the faux bob today, by accident really, i just set large pincurls round my head, aiming for a bob shape and did lots of little ones at the back. I then decided to brush them out to see what kind of curl i got. I was running late this morning for work, so i just put in a cute hairclip at the front and got on with my day, as by the timei did get to work it was so flippin' busy i couldn't brush my hair. I got told i looked like Wallis Simpson, at work. So it must have looked ok-ish.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
saffpics020.jpg
[/IMG]

I look like i have a big pinwheel stuck to the side of my head in the pic, but it looked ok.

Louise Anne

Suspended
Ok no It fabulous, it remindes me of the 20's or deco look also , I know a few ladies who give there right arm to be abobe to have a look like this whith there hair

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner